Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /dev/log as socket
Operating Systems HP-UX /dev/log as socket Post 302596628 by naan on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 12:41:55 AM
Old 02-08-2012
Its still creating as pipe after stopping syslog deamon. Should I change conf file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Socket programming in bash (using /dev/udp)

Hi, I am trying to write 2 simple scripts. One to echo a message into a socket, and the other to read from it. There are many tutorials about, but they're mostly about retrieving web pages through a socket. The code I'm trying is echo qwerty > /dev/udp/localhost/22 (the first port I found that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeppelin147
2 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the import log to /dev/null?

Hi i am running oracle database import through a script and script scans the import log to see if there are any errors. Now the porblem is that when i run the script the import log appears on the screen even if i direct the output of import to /dev/null. imp "'/ as sysdba'"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoo128
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

when a process fails to write to /dev/log

Hi , when a process fails to write to /dev/log ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

8. AIX

Problem in /dev/hd1 and /dev/hd9var

Hello AIXians, I can't boot my AIX, it hangs and stops at the code error: 0518 After searching google, I knew the problem is due to problems in File Systems. So the solution is booting from any bootable media, then run these commands in maintenance mode: #fsck -y /dev/hd4 #fsck -y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

10. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
sndrd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 sndrd(1M)

NAME
sndrd - Remote Mirror daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sndrd [-c max_connections] [-l listen_backlog] DESCRIPTION
The sndrd daemon processes client Remote Mirror requests. Only the root user or a user with equivalent privileges can run this daemon. The daemon is automatically invoked in run level 2. sndrd restarts the TCP transport layers. Administrators wanting to change startup parameters for sndrd should, as root or equivalent, make changes in the /etc/default/sndr file rather than editing the /lib/svc/method/svc-rdcsyncd file. See sndr(4). OPTIONS
The sndrd daemon supports the following options: -c max_connections Sets the maximum number of connections allowed to the server over connection-oriented transports. By default, the number of connections is 16. -l listen_backlog Sets connection queue length for the RDC TCP over a connection-oriented transport. The default value is 10 entries. EXIT STATUS
0 Daemon started successfully. >0 Daemon failed to start. Error information is reported to syslog at level LOG_ERR. FILES
/lib/svc/method/svc-rdcsyncd Shell script for starting sndrd. /lib/svc/method/svc-rdc Shell script for stopping sndrd. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrdcr, SUNWrdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcadm(1M), syslogd(1M), ds.log(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Do not manually stop the sndrd deamon. If you need to manually stop sndrd perform these steps. This stops both the sndrd and sndrsyncd dae- mons. # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd Do not manually start or restart the sndrd deamon. If you need to manually start sndrd perform these steps. This starts both the sndrd and sndrsyncd daemons. # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd See svcadm(1M) for additional information. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2007 sndrd(1M)