Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail client with AUTH
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat sendmail client with AUTH Post 302596558 by atomdude on Tuesday 7th of February 2012 06:45:57 PM
Old 02-07-2012
Hi
i am desperate, need configure sendmail to use externa SMTP and it does not require authentication. how do i do it?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache auth question

While not technically a unix question, I was hoping for some help from you all- I've got an Apache 1.3.x server, and I am using basic auth from the pam_auth module and winbind on the back of that. What I get is a relaly sleek authentication for my Windos domain users, however, as they are wont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loadc
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 auth issue

Very strange one, we've got a recently build server (Sol10 via JET flash). Bascially you can ssh to it fine, but telnet will allow entry of username, but will then feed in a carriage return on the passwd field, this also happens on any auth type command, ie passwd on a user account will also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

client auth for jboss using third party certificates

Hi All, I am looking for a way to authenticate clients accesing a jboss application via ssl certificates. Here is what I have don so far: Created CSR using keytool Sent CSR to thawte Received from Thawte the following files: ca-intermdiate.crt and certificate.crt. I assume the intermediate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariusp
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail auth/ident checking issue

Hi All, I have a problem sending mail to a host which seems to have sendmail configured to use Ident port (113) to check back on the mail sender. My problem is that this port is not enabled on the firewalls between sender and receiver so the ident checking and hence the mail is failing and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jublio
0 Replies

5. Solaris

sendmail client in solaris 10 ( relay)

I have setup sendmail e mail client using SMTP server, while sending the mail through mailx i am getting the below error. kindly help. WARNING: local host name (bkpsrv) is not qualified; see cf/README: WHO AM I? vishwanathhcl@gmail.com... Connecting to via relay... 220 xyz.co.in Microsoft... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
0 Replies

6. Linux

sendmail client config

Hi All, I have a mail server A and a DNS Server B. I am trying to send mail from client C. I have configured the DNS entry in client in the file /etc/resolv.conf and restarted sendmail. My issues : Send mail is working for sending mails to external domain like gmail or yahoo. But the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
0 Replies

7. AIX

Auth against AD (kerberos) does not work

@kah00na and all others, i have done al steps of the HowTo "Authenticate AIX users from MSActive Directory", found in this forum, but it still does not work. The test with kinit USERNAME works fine. But if i try to login i get the "UNKNOWN_USER" error in the debug.log.All steps to change... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomys
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Sendmail AUTH and TLS

Greetings. I desperately need help to get my sendmail configuration working again. I followed this guide: Unmemorable Memories » Blog Archive » Enabling SMTP-AUTH for Sendmail on Debian Linux 3.1 to enable TLS and AUTH in sendmail and now I get an error I just cannot find any information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.Glaurung
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring Sendmail as a client only, how?

We are running sendmail-8.13.4 on AIX. I need to update the configuration and make sendmail act as a relay client only, meaning it will only be used to send mail out of the host and NOT accept mail. Here is my client.mc config: include(`/usr/samples/tcpip/sendmail/m4/cf.m4')... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
5 Replies
saslfinger(1)						      General Commands Manual						     saslfinger(1)

NAME
saslfinger - A utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix SYNOPSIS
saslfinger [-chs] DESCRIPTION
saslfinger is a utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix. Depending on how you run it, it will search for informa- tion on server-side or client-side SMTP AUTH configuration settings in Postfix and Cyrus SASL. OPTIONS
-c If you run saslfinger with the option -c it will collect data required for client-side SMTP AUTH. Client-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtp daemon uses SMTP AUTH to authenticate itself with a remote mail server that offers SMTP AUTH. saslfinger will try to telnet to all hosts listed in smtp_sasl_password_maps, if it may read smtp_sasl_password_maps The telnet test verifies your host is able to reach the remote servers and shows what AUTH mechanisms they offer - in some cases this is required to debug client-side SMTP AUTH. Important: By default smtp_sasl_password_maps must be read-only to root, since these maps contain the usernames and passwords to authenticate. If you run saslfinger as root access will be no problem, but saslfinger will fail if you lack the permissions to access smtp_sasl_password_maps. If you want to run the telnet test, but don't want to run saslfinger as root change permissions of smtp_sasl_password_maps so that the user running saslfinger may access smtp_sasl_password_maps while you debug. *note: You don't need to worry about saslfinger doing anything with the username or password stored next to the remote hosts in your smtp_sasl_password_maps; saslfinger completely ignores these informations! -h If you run saslfinger with the option -h it will print a little help message that tells you about the options you can use. -s If you run saslfinger with the option -s it will collect data required for server-side SMTP AUTH. Server-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtpd daemon offers SMTP AUTH to mail clients. FILES
saslfinger - the script you need to run. saslfinger.1 - the man page you are currently reading. AUTHOR
Patrick Koetter, <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de>, http://www.state-of-mind.de You will find the newest version of saslfinger at http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/. BUGS
Please report bugs to <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de> Manuals User saslfinger(1)