Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Warning and Panic errors
Operating Systems SCO Warning and Panic errors Post 302596520 by Brian22 on Tuesday 7th of February 2012 03:55:18 PM
Old 02-07-2012
I do have back up tapes they are fairly new(think they were purchased about a month ago and we back up every night) as far as a u file I'll be 100% honest I don't know what that is. I know very little about sco/unix/linux the only thing I have is a Boot disk and a Root disk that has a bad image on it but I will gladly attempt anything suggested.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic

Hi All, When I came officce this morning I saw this error messages on the screen ----- PANIC:srmountfun - Error 6 mounting rootdev hd (1/42) Cannot dump 32639 pages to dumpdev hd (1/41) : space for only 0 pages Dump not completed -------- and machine was reboot mode. Why this problem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisev
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

3. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

4. SCO

Panic :

Hi Friends , i am getting the following error when iam booting a sco unix system. ------------------ H init PANIC : srmountfun --Error 22 mounting rootdev hd(1/42) cannot dump 40863 pages to dempdev hd(1/41) : space for only 0 pages. Dump not completed. Safe to power off.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

5. SCO

ML570 Panic

Brief scenario of problem working on contract for customer with supposedly identical setups in US and Europe 3 HP ML570 servers running SCO 5.07 networked together servers 1 & 2 run the user applications , server 3 acts as backup / tape transport system between tape libraries US side all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccarcher
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Panic BAD TRAP errors

One of our Sun E450 machines crashed and has this message in the /var/adm/messages after it rebooted automatically. An extract of the log is below. I suspect it is memory, but I am not sure. Can anyone give me any ideas how to diagnose this correctly? Thanks Margaret Floyd Apr 10 08:18:54... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: floydm
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Warning errors

tcpdump: WARNING: arptype 65535 not supported by libpcap - falling back to cooked socket cannot find user pcap What does this mean ^^ and how can it be fixed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisb345
1 Replies

9. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

10. SCO

Kernel Panic

Hello when i booting my SCO Server I become this Message PLS can anyone help me? Cheers Christoph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cga
1 Replies
MKFS.MINIX(8)						       System Administration						     MKFS.MINIX(8)

NAME
mkfs.minix - make a Minix filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.minix [options] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.minix creates a Linux MINIX filesystem on a device (usually a disk partition). The device is usually of the following form: /dev/hda[1-8] (IDE disk 1) /dev/hdb[1-8] (IDE disk 2) /dev/sda[1-8] (SCSI disk 1) /dev/sdb[1-8] (SCSI disk 2) The device may be a block device or a image file of one, but this is not enforced. Expect not much fun on a character device :-). The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. It is present only for backwards compatibility. If omit- ted the size will be determined automatically. Only block counts strictly greater than 10 and strictly less than 65536 are allowed. OPTIONS
-c, --check Check the device for bad blocks before creating the filesystem. If any are found, the count is printed. -n, --namelength length Specify the maximum length of filenames. Currently, the only allowable values are 14 and 30 for file system versions 1 and 2. Ver- sion 3 allows only value 60. The default is 30. -i, --inodes number Specify the number of inodes for the filesystem. -l, --badblocks filename Read the list of bad blocks from filename. The file has one bad-block number per line. The count of bad blocks read is printed. -1 Make a Minix version 1 filesystem. This is the default. -2, -v Make a Minix version 2 filesystem. -3 Make a Minix version 3 filesystem. -V, --version Display version information and exit. The long option cannot be combined with other options. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.minix is one of the following: 0 No errors 8 Operational error 16 Usage or syntax error SEE ALSO
fsck(8), mkfs(8), reboot(8) AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.minix command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2015 MKFS.MINIX(8)