Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print in a specific position
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print in a specific position Post 302596208 by Indra2011 on Monday 6th of February 2012 11:40:55 PM
Old 02-07-2012
Hi Balajesuri,
thanks alot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines with search string at specific position

Hi Folks, I have a file with all fields defined by byte position, but any field can be empty so I cannot print lines based on a search of specific columns. I need to print all lines of this file where the string of two characters at byte position 100-101 contains the number 27. Any ideas? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HealthyGuy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print at a specific position of the display

Hi, How can I write a string in a specific position of the screen in a bourne shell? Regards, Elio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efernandes
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a position and print some string in the next and same position

I need a script for... how to find a position of column data and print some string in the next line and same position position should find based on *HEADER8* in text for ex: ord123 abs 123 987HEADER89 test234 ord124 abc 124 987HEADER88 test235 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveenkcl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines with specific character at nth position in a file

I need to print lines with character S at nth position in a file...can someone pl help me with appropriate awk command for this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaswinig
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines with specific character at nth position in a file

I need to print lines with character S at nth position in a file...can someone pl help me with appropriate awk command for this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manaswinig
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace specific character and specific position

I am trying to use sed to replace specific characters at a specific position in the file with a different value... can this be done? Example: File: A0199999123 A0199999124 A0199999125 Need to replace 99999 in positions 3-7 with 88888. Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmer22
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in specific position and print the whole line

I have two files abc.dat and sant.dat (Big file 60k rows) for every line's 1,4 of abc.dat need to seach if this is present on 28,4 of sant.dat every line. if its present the output needs to go to bde.dat Example: contents abc.dat aaaa bbbb cccc dddd contents sant.dat this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssantoshss
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute a string on a specific position for specific lines

I woud like to substitue a string on a specific position for specific lines I've got a file and I would like to change a specific string from "TOCHANGE" to "ABCABCAB" For every line (except 1,2, 3 and the last one) , I need to check between the 9th and the 16th digits. For the 3rd line, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSF
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need command or script to print all lines from 2nd position to last but one position

hi guys, i want command or script to display the content of file from 2nd position to last but one position of a file abcdefghdasdasdsd 123,345,678,345,323 434,656,656,656,656 678,878,878,989,545 4565656667,65656 i want to display the same above file without first and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific character of a file in each line and delete this character in a specific position

I will appreciate if you help me here in this script in Solaris Enviroment. Scenario: i have 2 files : 1) /tmp/TRANSACTIONS_DAILY_20180730.txt: 201807300000000004 201807300000000005 201807300000000006 201807300000000007 201807300000000008 2)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teokon90
10 Replies
Regexp::Common::number(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Regexp::Common::number(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::number -- provide regexes for numbers SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /number/; while (<>) { /^$RE{num}{int}$/ and print "Integer "; /^$RE{num}{real}$/ and print "Real "; /^$RE{num}{real}{-base => 16}$/ and print "Hexadecimal real "; } DESCRIPTION
Please consult the manual of Regexp::Common for a general description of the works of this interface. Do not use this module directly, but load it via Regexp::Common. $RE{num}{int}{-base}{-sep}{-group}{-places}{-sign} Returns a pattern that matches an integer. If "-base => B" is specified, the integer is in base B, with "2 <= B <= 36". For bases larger than 10, upper case letters are used. The default base is 10. If "-sep => P" is specified, the pattern P is required as a grouping marker within the number. If this option is not given, no grouping marker is used. If "-group => N" is specified, digits between grouping markers must be grouped in sequences of exactly N digits. The default value of N is 3. If "-group => N,M" is specified, digits between grouping markers must be grouped in sequences of at least N digits, and at most M digits. This option is ignored unless the "-sep" option is used. If "-places => N" is specified, the integer recognized must be exactly N digits wide. If "-places => N,M" is specified, the integer must be at least N wide, and at most M characters. There is no default, which means that integers are unlimited in size. This option is ignored if the "-sep" option is used. If "-sign => P" is used, it's a pattern the leading sign has to match. This defaults to "[-+]?", which means the number is optionally preceded by a minus or a plus. If you want to match unsigned integers, use $RE{num}{int}{-sign => ''}. For example: $RE{num}{int} # match 1234567 $RE{num}{int}{-sep=>','} # match 1,234,567 $RE{num}{int}{-sep=>',?'} # match 1234567 or 1,234,567 $RE{num}{int}{-sep=>'.'}{-group=>4} # match 1.2345.6789 Under "-keep" (see Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire number $2 captures the optional sign of the number $3 captures the complete set of digits $RE{num}{real}{-base}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group}{-expon} Returns a pattern that matches a floating-point number. If "-base=N" is specified, the number is assumed to be in that base (with A..Z representing the digits for 11..36). By default, the base is 10. If "-radix=P" is specified, the pattern P is used as the radix point for the number (i.e. the "decimal point" in base 10). The default is "qr/[.]/". If "-places=N" is specified, the number is assumed to have exactly N places after the radix point. If "-places=M,N" is specified, the number is assumed to have between M and N places after the radix point. By default, the number of places is unrestricted. If "-sep=P" specified, the pattern P is required as a grouping marker within the pre-radix section of the number. By default, no separator is allowed. If "-group=N" is specified, digits between grouping separators must be grouped in sequences of exactly N characters. The default value of N is 3. If "-expon=P" is specified, the pattern P is used as the exponential marker. The default value of P is "qr/[Ee]/". If "-sign=P" is specified, the pattern P is used to match the leading sign (and the sign of the exponent). This defaults to "[-+]?", means means that an optional plus or minus sign can be used. For example: $RE{num}{real} # matches 123.456 or -0.1234567 $RE{num}{real}{-places=>2} # matches 123.45 or -0.12 $RE{num}{real}{-places=>'0,3'} # matches 123.456 or 0 or 9.8 $RE{num}{real}{-sep=>'[,.]?'} # matches 123,456 or 123.456 $RE{num}{real}{-base=>3'} # matches 121.102 Under "-keep": $1 captures the entire match $2 captures the optional sign of the number $3 captures the complete mantissa $4 captures the whole number portion of the mantissa $5 captures the radix point $6 captures the fractional portion of the mantissa $7 captures the optional exponent marker $8 captures the entire exponent value $9 captures the optional sign of the exponent $10 captures the digits of the exponent $RE{num}{dec}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group}{-expon} A synonym for $RE{num}{real}{-base=>10}{...} $RE{num}{oct}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group}{-expon} A synonym for $RE{num}{real}{-base=>8}{...} $RE{num}{bin}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group}{-expon} A synonym for $RE{num}{real}{-base=>2}{...} $RE{num}{hex}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group}{-expon} A synonym for $RE{num}{real}{-base=>16}{...} $RE{num}{decimal}{-base}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group} The same as $RE{num}{real}, except that an exponent isn't allowed. Hence, this returns a pattern matching decimal numbers. If "-base=N" is specified, the number is assumed to be in that base (with A..Z representing the digits for 11..36). By default, the base is 10. If "-radix=P" is specified, the pattern P is used as the radix point for the number (i.e. the "decimal point" in base 10). The default is "qr/[.]/". If "-places=N" is specified, the number is assumed to have exactly N places after the radix point. If "-places=M,N" is specified, the number is assumed to have between M and N places after the radix point. By default, the number of places is unrestricted. If "-sep=P" specified, the pattern P is required as a grouping marker within the pre-radix section of the number. By default, no separator is allowed. If "-group=N" is specified, digits between grouping separators must be grouped in sequences of exactly N characters. The default value of N is 3. For example: $RE{num}{decimal} # matches 123.456 or -0.1234567 $RE{num}{decimal}{-places=>2} # matches 123.45 or -0.12 $RE{num}{decimal}{-places=>'0,3'} # matches 123.456 or 0 or 9.8 $RE{num}{decimal}{-sep=>'[,.]?'} # matches 123,456 or 123.456 $RE{num}{decimal}{-base=>3'} # matches 121.102 Under "-keep": $1 captures the entire match $2 captures the optional sign of the number $3 captures the complete mantissa $4 captures the whole number portion of the mantissa $5 captures the radix point $6 captures the fractional portion of the mantissa $RE{num}{square} Returns a pattern that matches a (decimal) square. Because Perl's arithmetic is lossy when using integers over about 53 bits, this pattern only recognizes numbers less than 9000000000000000, if one uses a Perl that is configured to use 64 bit integers. Otherwise, the limit is 2147483647. These restrictions were introduced in versions 2.116 and 2.117 of Regexp::Common. Regardless whether "-keep" was set, the matched number will be returned in $1. This pattern is available for version 5.008 and up. $RE{num}{roman} Returns a pattern that matches an integer written in Roman numbers. Case doesn't matter. Only the more modern style, that is, no more than three repetitions of a letter, is recognized. The largest number matched is MMMCMXCIX, or 3999. Larger numbers cannot be expressed using ASCII characters. A future version will be able to deal with the Unicode symbols to match larger Roman numbers. Under "-keep", the number will be captured in $1. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common for a general description of how to use this interface. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. For a start, there are many common regexes missing. Send them in to regexp-common@abigail.be. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2013, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-11 Regexp::Common::number(3)