Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Using Commands over SSH using Sudo Post 302596055 by Corona688 on Monday 6th of February 2012 10:59:17 AM
Old 02-06-2012
If it isn't waiting for the prompt to type in the password, you may have to use a third-party utility like expect.

You could also configure sudo to allow it in a more careful manner -- only allow the 'find' command for a certain user, and with those exact arguments, which would prevent someone executing arbitrary commands as root with it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging all commands after a sudo su-

Hi there, It might seem tricky, I confess. We use sudo to allow people to initiate priviledged commands (but not all commands) on our Unix systems. To by pass this, some people initiate the sudo su - command ; The main issue is to 'know' what those people do when they gain root access.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxmtl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

3. AIX

Add sudo executable commands

Guy's I have sudo already installed in AIX , just I want to know how can I add for example the following commands to be executed by sudo by (appuser).. shutdown /usr/startapp.sh /usr/stopapp.sh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo commands list

Hi, Can you please give me a list of commands executed through 'sudo' command, thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo: blocking specific commands

Hello all, I manage some HP-UX 11.31 servers. I have some users that have sudo access. All of them belong to the 'sudoers' user group. Right now, sudo is configured as wide open: %sudoers ALL=(ALL) ALL We are using sudo mostly for auditing purposes - when a user wants to run a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run sudo commands under a script?

Hi, I am new to scripting. I am trying to write a script to ssh one remote machine and run a sudo command. ssh <hostname> sudo -S <command> < ~/pass.txt I am stored my password in pass.txt. I am getting error sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified Please suggest me how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkia9
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh not supporting sudo and sqlplus commands

Hi Guys , I was facing an issue some thing like , I have to connect remote machine and should execute few commands over there , I am able to run some simple commands , but below commands are throws error like not found. eg : sudo su - username and sqlplus user/pwd@db , srvrmgr commands etc ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandini
8 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Sudo commands without puting in .bashrc

dear all, When I start my laptop, I need to run one command /etc/init.open-afs start and it require sudo privilege. The only solution which occur to me is to put this command in .bashrc. But then the trouble comes as everytime I open any new tab it ask for the sudo password, which is pretty... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically run commands after SSH and SUDO not working?

I'm working on a script to SSH and SUDO as (sap user sidadm) then automatically run commands that the sidadm user can run such as R3trans -v, tp, etc.. I can SSH without password and SUDO.. but the commands don't run after I SSH and SUDO to the sidadm user...here is the commands that I've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icemanj
2 Replies
sulogin(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               sulogin(1M)

NAME
sulogin - access single-user mode SYNOPSIS
sulogin DESCRIPTION
The sulogin utility is automatically invoked by init when the system is first started. It prompts the user to type the root password to enter system maintenance mode (single-user mode) or to type EOF (typically <CTRL-D>) for normal startup (multi-user mode). The user should never directly invoke sulogin. The sulogin utility can prompt the user to enter the root password on a variable number of serial console devices, in addition to the tra- ditional console device. See consadm(1M) and msglog(7D) for a description of how to configure a serial device to display the single-user login prompt. FILES
/etc/default/sulogin Default value can be set for the following flag: PASSREQ Determines if login requires a password. Default is PASSREQ=YES. /etc/default/login Default value can be set for the following flag: SLEEPTIME If present, sets the number of seconds to wait before login failure is printed to the screen and another login attempt is allowed. Default is 4 seconds. Minimum is 0 seconds. Maximum is 5 seconds. Both su(1M) and login(1) are affected by the value of SLEEPTIME. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
login(1), consadm(1M), init(1M), su(1M), attributes(5), msglog(7D) SunOS 5.10 25 Sep 2002 sulogin(1M)