Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Server error: 501 #5.1.3 in UNIX Post 302595981 by methyl on Monday 6th of February 2012 06:37:21 AM
Old 02-06-2012
What Operating System and version are you using? What Shell do you use?
What mail client do you use?
Can you post the script which is failing?
Is there only one mail relay server involved here?

Ps. You probably have a space character in the addressee email address.

Last edited by methyl; 02-06-2012 at 07:56 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Receiving error on Unix server-- java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: registerNatives

Hi all, This is my first shell script, so I'm hoping the problem is that I'm just missing something, and not something bigger. I have a Java application that I wrote in WSAD that reads data from an Excel file and inserts values into a DB2 database. I'm able to run it successfully in WSAD. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: loveToBlade
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Error while connecting to MySQl Server 5.1.34 on UNIX platform.

Hi, I have MySQL 5.1.34 installed on Solaris and Linux machine. MySQl installed Solaris Machine - A.A.A.A Remote Machine - B.B.B.B I have user in mysql.user as below: | user | password | host |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

4. SCO

Crash error on my unix server

Hi there. Well i have a really bad problem with my server: UnixWare Version 5 Release 7 The system crash :wall: and show the error: Panic: Kernel-mode address fault on user address 0x00000004 :eek: If anyone knows about the reason of this error please give me a help Sorry by my english.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in installing mysql on unix server

Hi , I am trying to install mysql but getting below error $# mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) can anyone provide me this file 'mysql.sock' Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl / SOAP error 'code=501'

Hi, I've got the following errors when running a Perl script: Any help will be greatly appreciated! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies
SENSIBLE-MDA(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   SENSIBLE-MDA(8)

NAME
sensible-mda - a generic local MDA router for Debian systems SYNOPSIS
sensible-mda from to detail client-addr DESCRIPTION
sensible-mda is used to simplify the installation and configuration of sendmail(8) , or other MTAs for use on Debian systems. With sensi- ble-mda, sendmail can support a plethora of MDAs (procmail, maildrop, deliver, etc.) without having pick any one of them as required. FUNCTION
sensible-mda is called by sendmail as a local mailer when the following exists in sendmail.mc: define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS', `sensible-mda $g $u $h ${client_addr}')dnl sensible-mda will look for the following MDAs (in this order), and pass the mail on to the first SUID MDA found (Or first found MDA, if run w/euid=root): procmail(1), maildrop(1), deliver(8), mail.local(8) OPTIONS
Available command line options are the following: from The sender of this email (sendmail $g variable) to The recipient of this email (sendmail $u variable) detail The detail portion of the recipient userid (sendmail $h variable) - ie: cowboy+sendmail@debian.org client-addr TCP/IP address of the sender (sendmail ${client_addr} variable) Not used (for the nonce) FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc sendmail m4 input to generate sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf actual sendmail configuration file (treated as a binary file) SEE ALSO
sendmail(8), procmail(1), maildrop(1), deliver(8), mail.local(8) BUGS
None known so far. AUTHOR
Richard Nelson <cowboy@debian.org> HISTORY
4th Berkeley Distribution October 21 1999 SENSIBLE-MDA(8)