Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Server error: 501 #5.1.3 in UNIX Post 302595978 by Perlbaby on Monday 6th of February 2012 06:24:30 AM
Old 02-06-2012
Server error: 501 #5.1.3 in UNIX

HI All ,

I am getting below errors .

Server error:501#5.1.3 Partial domain NOT allowed:'' or

Error IN sending mail Server error:501#5.1.3 Partial domain NOT allowed:'
I am using unix script to call filename.csv and send into outlook mail as attachment.Though file is present but i never receive the mail .

This issue is not permanent .Sometimes i find no error ,it executes successfully with smtp server. Not sure what is the rootcause as no logs are captured . Is it because of server/outlook/network issue ? please guide

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Receiving error on Unix server-- java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: registerNatives

Hi all, This is my first shell script, so I'm hoping the problem is that I'm just missing something, and not something bigger. I have a Java application that I wrote in WSAD that reads data from an Excel file and inserts values into a DB2 database. I'm able to run it successfully in WSAD. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: loveToBlade
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Error while connecting to MySQl Server 5.1.34 on UNIX platform.

Hi, I have MySQL 5.1.34 installed on Solaris and Linux machine. MySQl installed Solaris Machine - A.A.A.A Remote Machine - B.B.B.B I have user in mysql.user as below: | user | password | host |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

4. SCO

Crash error on my unix server

Hi there. Well i have a really bad problem with my server: UnixWare Version 5 Release 7 The system crash :wall: and show the error: Panic: Kernel-mode address fault on user address 0x00000004 :eek: If anyone knows about the reason of this error please give me a help Sorry by my english.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in installing mysql on unix server

Hi , I am trying to install mysql but getting below error $# mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) can anyone provide me this file 'mysql.sock' Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl / SOAP error 'code=501'

Hi, I've got the following errors when running a Perl script: Any help will be greatly appreciated! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE bytes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The SIZE argument is an integer and optional unit (example: 10K is 10*1024). Units are K,M,G,T,P,E,Z,Y (powers of 1024) or KB,MB,... (pow- ers of 1000). SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: '+' extend by, '-' reduce by, '<' at most, '>' at least, '/' round down to multiple of, '%' round up to multiple of. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/truncate> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) truncate invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TRUNCATE(1)