Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting creating own command interpreter like bash...?? Post 302595729 by duma188 on Saturday 4th of February 2012 01:12:42 PM
Old 02-04-2012
yeah but...

Yeah but how exactly...?? I searched in google but found only a few links where they discussed the benefits of a custom made shell but not the building mechanisms. I am not asking for the code, but at least an external link for the same will be of great help..!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/usr/bin/ksh Command Interpreter in a sh script

Hi, I have a developer that is trying to start a script with sh "scriptname". In the script, he is specifying #!/usr/bin/ksh as the command interpreter. For some reason sh is ignoring the #!/usr/bin/ksh. We are running Solaris 8. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckeith79
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

an command interpreter

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs. i need a very short and simple one, just for the compiling part, in UNIX Respect (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a command on a BASH shell

Hi all. Suppose I have the following function in an executable file named "HOLA": ------------------------ function hola { echo "Hola ${@}."; } ------------------------ In addition, suppose that I want to execute the file so I can input my name next to ./HOLA. I mean,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hresquivelo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

display the actual number of bash command interpreter

Hello everybody! I have a problem "Write script, which will display the actual number of bash command interpreter, working in the operating system." I used ps command to list all process running in the system but I don't know how to select only bash command interpreter. Pls give me some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguyendu0102
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH - Creating a Matrix

I'm trying to create a Matrix using bash. The expected output is .AB CDE FG 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 I'm a newbie in shell language, really appreciate if there is anyone who can guide me with this. Double post again, continued here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinzping
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating variables in bash

I am writing some scripts using bash and am wondering if there is a better way to perform the following set of formatting variables. s1=" " s2=" " s3=" " s4=" " s5=" " s6=" " s7=" " s8=" " frmt_titl="${bYl}%s${nClor}\n" frmt1_titl="${s1}$frmt_titl"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating .../ alias in bash

I want to create an alias as follows but is not working alias ../='cd ../' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Not able to run any command /lib64/ld-Linux-x86-64.so.2: bad ELF interpreter

Hi, I accidentally did this: wadhwaso@nxsdgd01 deps]$sudo rpm -e --nodeps glibc-2.5-107.x86_64 error: %postun(glibc-2.5-107.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 255 and since then I am not able to run any command on this server except 'cd'. I always get the following error: $ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-bash: ./p4: /bin/ksh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I keep getting this error and I am not sure why. -bash: ./p4: /bin/ksh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory First I run my makefile and this works fine: goodmain: main.o gcc -o goodmain main.o main.o: main.c gcc -c main.c Then I want to limit my output so I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies
net-snmp-config(1)						     Net-SNMP							net-snmp-config(1)

NAME
net-snmp-config - returns information about installed net-snmp libraries and binaries SYNOPSIS
net-snmp-config [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The net-snmp-config shell script is designed to retrieve the configuration information about the libraries and binaries dealing with the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), built from the net-snmp source package. The information is particularily useful for applications that need to link against the SNMP libraries and hence must know about any other libraries that must be linked in as well. OPTIONS
--version displays the net-snmp version number --indent-options displays the indent options from the Coding Style --debug-tokens displays a example command line to search to source code for a list of available debug tokens SNMP Setup commands: --create-snmpv3-user [-ro] [-a authpass] [-x privpass] [-X DES|AES] [-A MD5|SHA] [username] These options produce the various compilation flags needed when building external SNMP applications: --base-cflags lists additional compilation flags needed for external applications (excludes -I. and extra developer warning flags, if any) --cflags lists additional compilation flags needed --libs lists libraries needed for building applications --agent-libs lists libraries needed for building subagents --netsnmp-libs lists netsnmp specific libraries --external-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs --netsnmp-agent-libs lists netsnmp specific agent libraries --external-agent-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs Automated subagent building (produces an OUTPUTNAME binary file): [This feature has not been extensively tested, use at your own risk.] --compile-subagent OUTPUTNAME [--norm] [--cflags flags] [--ldflags flags] mibmodule1.c [...]] --norm leave the generated .c file around to read. --cflags flags extra cflags to use (e.g. -I...). --ldflags flags extra ld flags to use (e.g. -L... -l...). Details on how the net-nsmp package was compiled: --configure-options Display original configure arguments --snmpd-module-list Display the modules compiled into the agent --prefix Display the installation prefix V5.6.2.1 16 Nov 2006 net-snmp-config(1)