Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX revert from trusted system to default Post 302595440 by Peasant on Friday 3rd of February 2012 06:34:44 AM
Old 02-03-2012
Check out :
/etc/tsconvert
/usr/lbin/modprpw

Those commands will be executed if you do it via SAM.

Also, a backup with IGNITE would be advisable.

I have succesfuly converted trusted HPUX v2 system, back to default with those commands.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Trusted system: Please Help.

I was playing with sam and i turned on the Trusted System feature (UX11i). Now i cant log onto it anymore, i can ping it, but icant telnet, rlogin or login at the login screen. I dont want to reboot my machine because i am affraid it wont boot and ask for a password. My root password is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Netghost
1 Replies

2. Solaris

need zpool to revert...

hi i have created a pool using zpool command for my /dev/dsk/c1d0s3 disk. The poolname is qwertyuiopasdfghjklmnbvcxzzxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiopoiuytrewqasdfghjklkjhgfdsazxcvbnmmnbnbcxczxzassd ddddvfhfghgjjgjhgkhkljfjlhohihiuyuioyguioyguiowyuiogwyuigwrigywuigyguiyuiogyugiyguioyuyguiowygiuygui... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SankarV
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

shadowed password file on non-trusted system?

Is it possible to have shadowed password file without implementing a Trusted System? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxdude
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Revert SVN import

Instead of importing a project/folder as svn import vlsms/ file:///home/repo/vlsms -m "Initial Upload" I did svn import vlsms/ file:///home/repo -m "Initial Upload" How to undo this import (in a clean way,without trace?) ---------- Post updated at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Enable telnet as root to 11.31 non-trusted system?

I have a new box that was set up for me and I want to allow telnet to the box as root. I know that it's not secure but due to the nature of what I test I need an easy and reliable way back in if I've messed up the other connection methods(SSH). This is in a protected lab environment. Eventually... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gctaylor
17 Replies

6. Linux

Is it possible to revert a file after overwriting it ?

Long story short, there was some sort of corruption with my ide and the script I was working on has been over written with nothing (the file is blank now). The IDE doesn't store a back up from what I know (I'm using notepadd++ in wine lol I know I know I'm addictted to the nppftp sidebar and geany... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noPermissions
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CVS command to revert deleted files

Hi, I have deleted a file and commited in CVS. So, is there any CVS command to revert back that deleted file with existing log messages. --Thanks in advance Madhu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhuti
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to revert default prompt in Linux after setting PS1 command

I have given as: PS1="Karthick>" in linux. Now the prompt changed as: Karthick> Now I need to get back the default prompt . How to achieve this? Thanks in advance (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting system to trusted

Hi, I need to convert few HP-UX (V 11.31) machines from un-trusted to trusted. I used the HP SMH to do this on one server. However when I click on "Yes" to proceed with the conversion, I get this error : The attempt to convert this system to a trusted system failed. The command return value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
getprpw(1M)															       getprpw(1M)

NAME
getprpw - display protected password database SYNOPSIS
parm[,parm]] username DESCRIPTION
displays the user's protected password database settings. This command is available only to the superuser in a trusted system. Normally it is only used via SAM, see sam(1M). uses the configuration file default if is not specified. See nsswitch.conf(4). Options recognizes the following options. Specifies to get information from the local user. Displays the arguments supplied to in raw format Displays the database value for the argument passed. An "invalid-opt" is printed if a list of options passed to contains an invalid option. The rest of the options will be processed. If is specified without all parameters are displayed in the order given below. Boolean values are returned as or (for system default values in Numeric values are specified as positive numbers, 0, or -1. A value of -1 indicates that the field has not been assigned a value in the database. Units of time are returned in number of days (>=0), although the database keeps them in seconds. This and other minor differences between the command parameters and the database fields are consistent with modprpw(1M). The following parameters for the user can be displayed using the option. They are listed below in the order shown in The database fields are fully explained in prpwd(4). user uid boot authorization flag audit id audit flag minimum time between password changes maximum password length password expiration time password lifetime last successful password change time last unsuccessful password change time account expiration time last login time interval password expiration warning time whether user picks password, whether system generates pronounceable passwords, whether password is restricted, i.e, checked for triviality, NULL passwords are allowed, Not recommended! whether system generates passwords having characters only, whether system generates passwords having letters only, time of day allowed for login time of last successful login time of last unsuccessful login tty of last successful login consecutive number of unsuccessful logins so far tty of last unsuccessful login maximum unsuccessful login tries administrator lock, if on, if off, if not set. returns the reason for a lockout in a "bit" valued string, where 0 = condition not present, 1 is present. The position, left to right represents: 1 past password lifetime 2 past last login time (inactive account) 3 past absolute account lifetime 4 exceeded unsuccessful login attempts 5 password required and a null password 6 admin lock 7 password is a * RETURN VALUE
0 success 1 user not privileged 2 incorrect usage 3 cannot find the password file 4 system is not trusted EXAMPLES
Displays the database aging fields for user "someusr". The command displays: WARNINGS
This command is intended for SAM use only. It may change with each release and can not be guaranteed to be backward compatible. Several database fields interact with others. The side effects of an individual change may not cause a problem till much later. Special meanings may apply in the following cases: o an absent field o a field without a value o a field with a zero value HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
System Password file Protected Password Database System Defaults Database SEE ALSO
modprpw(1M), prpwd(4), nsswitch.conf(4). TO BE OBSOLETED getprpw(1M)