Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Generate list of deleted files Post 302594899 by vbe on Wednesday 1st of February 2012 12:13:13 PM
Old 02-01-2012
Unless you had a backup, it will be very difficult...
You do have one no?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to generate a list of files

Hello people I need to find a way to generate a file that contains the names of all *.jpg files that were generated after a specific date The search should start in my current folder and recursively search inner folders It would be best to list the file names one below the other in the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasongr
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to generate a random list from a given list

Dear Masters, Is there an easy way to generate a random list from a give list of names? Let's say, I have a file containing 15000 city name of world(spreadsheet, names in the first column), I would like to randomly pick up 50 cities each time for total 1000 picks. Or doesn't anyone know a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskcc
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to generate a 'kill' list

Hi, I want to write a script which can generate a kill list for killing process, program name start with f60.., which have been running for more than 8 hours, the list output should looks like: kill -9 4444176 kill -9 4674520 kill -9 4454180 kill -9 4994523 Can anyone help how to write... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Create List of Deleted Files

Hi, I want to put all the deleted files in a txt file. Because i want to backup my image server which has thousands of jpg images. I wrote a shell script which will copies images from image server to backup image server. I setup a cronjob which runs on every five minutes. & through timestamp it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate a list of number

How can I generate a list of numbers and place all of these numbers in a line-by-line into a file. I am new to scripting actually. 0501000000 to 0509999999 i.e. 0501000000 0501000001 ...... 0509999999 set 02 0551000000 to 0559999999 i.e. 0551000000 0551000001 ...... 0559999999 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate the list?

Reference post, https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/131307-incrementing-twist-please-help.html , I can generate a word list easily, by echo or for loop. For example, with the echo command and word expect, I can list all 6 letters possibility (6X6X6X6X6X6=46656) echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a change list of files/dir

Is there a tool that can diff a directory and generate a change list of files in that directory based on a previous snapshot on the directory? For example /etc/a.txt:changed /etc/b.txt:removed /etc/c.txt:added Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: overmindxp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate list of letters

Heyas I want to list passed arguments and make an incrementing 'marker'. That 'marker' should be a letter between a-z, in proper order. I'm not aware of a seq pendant, so i tried it with this: C=141 list="" while ];do printf \\$C list+=" \\$C" C=$((C+1)) done echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to list deleted files in UNIX?

Hi All, Its an interview question. I just want to know the answer of below question. 1) How to list deleted files in unix (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List Files being deleted in a shell script

Good evening, i need your help please I've got a file script thet deletes about half millions of files, and i want those files to be printed in a log file as an evidence those files were removed. #/bin/sh rm "/home/e-smith/files/users/bill/Maildir/cur/1392373930.28512.comp01:2,S" rm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies
BACKUP_QUIT(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_QUIT(8)

NAME
backup_quit - Leaves interactive mode SYNOPSIS
quit [-help] q [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup quit command exits interactive mode, returning the issuer to the regular shell prompt at which the backup or backup interactive command was issued to enter interactive mode. The command has no effect when issued outside interactive mode. Issuing the Ctrl-D command also exits interactive mode. CAUTIONS
To exit interactive mode, all jobs must be completed. Use the backup jobs command to list any jobs currently pending or executing, and the backup kill command to terminate them as necessary. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command exits interactive mode: backup> quit % PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_interactive(8), backup_jobs(8), backup_kill(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_QUIT(8)