Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find Inactive VG
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Find Inactive VG Post 302594825 by Scott on Wednesday 1st of February 2012 09:54:00 AM
Old 02-01-2012
If you are using bash:

Code:
lsvg | grep -v <(lsvg -o)

Or with ksh one option is to write the output of lsvg -o to a file, then:
Code:
lsvg -o > lsvg.active
lsvg | grep -vf lsvg.active

Another, not so nice perhaps, option is:
Code:
lsvg $(lsvg) | grep -vp "active" | awk '/^VOL/ {print $3}'

This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

wired and inactive pages

Hello How to find out wired pages and inactive pages in HP -UNIX. Bye (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inactive pages

hi, plz tell me, how can get the inactive pages in HP UX. bye.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Canīt logout to user inactive

I have SCO OpenServer release 5 I used TIMEOUT and TMOUT in .profile but I donīt Know if is correctly WND=/usr/synergy/dbl DTKMAPFIL=/u/ics/icsdat/icsmap.ics umask 000 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalox
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inactive Session

Hi, I am new to forum, I am wondering anyone can help me ? Is there a command to tell whether a particular process is already inactive, so I can issue a kill command to end it. I have been encountering scenerio whereby users always shutdown abnormally by closing the windows, and my application... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowtaiwah
12 Replies

5. Programming

How to find inactive time of a process?

Hi, I'm trying to write a C program that finds idle login sessions on RHEL6 and kill the sessions which are idle(inactive) for, say, more than 15 minutes. I tried to use procfs.h is my code. But it doesn't seem to support enough API's as OS Solaris does.(Solaris supports API's that can populate... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreeda
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Inactive Sessions

Hi, I have the following script: # Inactive Users Removed # # Created by: stuaz # Created on: 16/03/11 # # This script runs from the Cron #################################### # Variables email=blah@blah.com log=/utils/sdennis/inactiveusers.log # # Command to find inactive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Assistance with my one line command to find all inactive kernels

Hello Forum, I'm using the following command to find all inactive kernels installed on my RHEL server: $ rpm -qa | grep '^kernel-' |grep -vE `uname -r` but the result is in two lines: kernel-3.10.0-1062.1.1.el7.x86_64 kernel-3.10.0-1062.el7.x86_64 Is there a one line command I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)