Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: appending text to a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting appending text to a file Post 302594663 by venkatareddy on Wednesday 1st of February 2012 01:34:03 AM
Old 02-01-2012
Hi,
you can append to the file in the following format

Code:
 echo "T|$count " >>$fn.txt

incase if it needs to printed in new line

Code:
echo -e "\n T|$count " >> $fn.txt

thanks,
venkat
This User Gave Thanks to venkatareddy For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending string to text file based on search string

Hi, I need to append string "Hi" to the beginning of the lines containing some specific string. How can I achieve that? Please help. Malay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending text of one file into other

hello, I am trying to append\insert the text that exists in file A into file B. for instance: File A contains: abcdef File B contains: ghijklm can i insert into file A the content in file B without damaging\deleting the input into file A? is there a command in shell that enables such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danland
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

appending text on top of another file

Dear All, I have two files One is script file in which I am writing commands to append a text in a normal file. I want to insert the text on top of the file. I dont want to use sed and awk commands nor temp file. is it possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjali
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending text to a file

Hi, Want to append the text to a new file, echo "set `sqlplus -S abc/xyz123@localdb<<EOS" >> chk_test_append.sh echo "EOS`" >> chk_test_append.shbut getting the below error : what wrong is written ? With Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increasing a number and appending it to next line of a text file

Hi all, I have text file having a number P100. what i need is when i run a script, it should add 1 to the above number and append it to the next line of a same text file.. when i use the script next time it should check the last line and add 1 to the last number and so on.. like the text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

appending in a single text file

actually, i have to grep the value of cpu usage from six differrent servers and it has to generated in a single report( in a single text or excel file). i have used the below command for grepping the value. top -n 1 > arun.txt cat arun.txt | grep 'init' | cut -c 49-53 > output1.csv like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending two text files

Hi, i am using unix server and bash shell.. i have two csv files... i have file 1 as below... arun bvb ssx ccc and file 2 as below manas friu dfgg cat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending a column of numbers in ascending order to a text file

I have a text file where I want to append a column of numbers in ascending orders. Input: 57 abc 25 def 32 ghi 54 jkl Output:57 abc 57 abc 1 25 def 2 32 ghi 3 54 jkl 4 How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in appending text to a file located in remote server

ssh -q "server_name sudo echo 'dbagroup::1234' >> sudo /etc/group"if i execute the above code its not getting appended. my requirement is to login to remote server and append dbagroup::1234 in /etc/group i am able to achieve this with tee -a command want to know why its not working with >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)