Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2] Post 302594616 by wilsonljx on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 07:31:58 PM
Old 01-31-2012
Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2]

The server that provides the time synchronization must be configured to allow its clients to verify its authenticity using symmetric cryptography[2].

[b]4. Singapore Polytechnic, Dover, Singapore,Mr Kam, and Computer Engineering

I don't think there is any coding since it is just configuring to allow it.

Much Appreciated!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Firewalls and cryptography

As we know, firewall is designed to keep unauthorized outsiders from tampering with a computer system or network. We don't talk about computer security without cryptography. In this case, may I know,How does cryptographic protection (at the TCP/IP layers or at the application layer) affect a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heroine
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cryptography

Hi, I have a file which contains 4 columns. I want to encrypt only the first column. The rest of data must be as it is. flat file: 12234333 jakdjf 394839 343874 73746373 5jdkfdj 383993 958939 83473843 lksdjfj 388383 349399 so, 1 should be replace by 4, 2 with 8, 3 with 7..... the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How To Analyze This (Cryptography Random?) Permutation...?

Hi to all of you guys, I'm new here... May this thread fits on this section. A friend of mine gave me this enigma to do, written in excel. I attach the file below, name New.xls. Enigma: There are 10^20 possibilities of tables (Table1, Table 2, Table 3, Table 4, Table 5,...), with ten rows (row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2]

I have encountered some problems in my school work. Here is the question: The server that provides the time synchronization must be configured to allow its clients to verify its authenticity using symmetric cryptography. Much Appreciated!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonljx
1 Replies
localemanager(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  localemanager(8)

NAME
localemanager -- Configure OpenDirectory Server Locales SYNOPSIS
localemanager operation [-l localename] [-subnet 1.2.3.4/5] [-server servername] [-i IP address] DESCRIPTION
localemanager creates, destroys, and edits OpenDirectory Server Locale information. Locales are collections of OpenDirectory servers to assist clients in locating the nearest OpenDirectory Server. To use OpenDirectory Server Locales, simply create a locale on an OD server with the createLocale operation. Then add servers and subnets to the locale. All localemanager operations are performed on the local OpenDirectory node. The first time a locale is created, a DefaultLocale will automatically be created as well. The DefaultLocale will be used for any clients that don't match a subnet in any other locale. Before a locale can be configured, the server must already be an OpenDirectory server. Locales can be defined on each of the OD servers or on a single OD server in the group of OD master/replicas. For the latter, the locale information will get replicated to all of the other servers but locales will need to be "enabled" on the other servers by running the command localemanager enableLocales. Commands: help Displays the commands and options. createLocale Creates a new locale on the local OD server. This command requires the -l option. deleteLocale Deletes a locale from the local OD server. This command requires the -l option. showLocale Displays the current locale(s). The -l option can be used to display a specific locale. If -l is not specified, all locales are displayed. enableLocales Enables the use of locales on an OD server. This command is automatically run the first time any localemanager command is run on an OD server. Therefore this command only needs to be run if no other localemanager commands have been (or will be) run on this server. addSubnet Adds a new subnet to the specified locale. This command requires the -l -subnet options. removeSubnet Removes a subnet from the specified locale. This command requires -l -subnet options. addServer Adds a server to the specified locale. This command requires the -l -server options. If the -i option is specified, that IP address will be used by locale clients. This may be useful for multi-homed servers to restrict locale clients to a specific network interface. If the -i option is not specified the IP address(es) will be looked up. removeServer Removes a server from the specified locale. This command requires -l -server options. If the -i option is specified, only that IP address will be removed from the locale. If the -i option is no specified, all of the server's IP addresses will be removed from the locale. Options: -l locale Locale name. -subnet 192.168.0.0/16 Subnet specified in CIDR notation. -server server.example.com Server fully-qualified domain name. -i 192.168.1.1 Use this IP address for the server. Typically used to limit locale clients to a specific interface on a multi-homed server. FILES
/var/log/localemanager.log localemanager log file. SEE ALSO
slapconfig(8) HISTORY
First introduced in Mac OS X 10.7 Darwin June 1, 2019 Darwin