Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in installing mysql on unix server Post 302594313 by aish11 on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 03:39:34 AM
Old 01-31-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by itkamaraj

not solved :-(

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Ms Sql Server 2000 On Unix

Hello As per requirements, can i Install a MSSQL SERVER on UNIX , is it possible., can i install or not.., could u plz give me reply with some installation details.......... Regards&Thanking You sreedhar G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreedhargunda
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

help: error in installing perl module DBD::mysql

Hi, I am trying to install perl module DBD::mysql and don't know how to resolve the following: # make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/00base.............ok 3/5install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during installing DBD-mysql-4.005

Hi, Iam not able to install DBD-mysql-4.005 into my Sun machine as the error comes - perl Makefile.PL --mysql_config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config I will use the following settings for compiling and testing: cflags (mysql_config ) = -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Error after installing mail server.

Hi all, I'm new here. I already install ubuntu 9.10 and mail server (Dovecot + Postfix + SASL + Squirrel Mail). But after login on squirrelmail. an error message appeared "Error connecting to IMAP server: localhost. 111 : Connection refused". Any solutions? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnet
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Error while connecting to MySQl Server 5.1.34 on UNIX platform.

Hi, I have MySQL 5.1.34 installed on Solaris and Linux machine. MySQl installed Solaris Machine - A.A.A.A Remote Machine - B.B.B.B I have user in mysql.user as below: | user | password | host |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Error in installing the mysql-python-1.2.3.tar.gz

Hi, I followed the step written in README. It got some error message when I type " #python setup.py build" running build running build_py copying MySQLdb/release.py -> build/lib.solaris-2.11-i86pc-2.4/MySQLdb running build_ext building '_mysql' extension /usr/lib/python2.4/pycc -DNDEBUG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
2 Replies

7. AIX

Installing DSA public key in Unix AIX server

Hi, A VMS server want to use SFTP to transfer files to our Unix server. We received their public key. Below is the process we followed to install this public key in our unix server. 1. Go to $HOME/.ssh 2. cat public_key_vms_server >> authorized_keys2 3. Ensure this folder and file has the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devina
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MySQL Database Missing on UNIX server. Possible to recover?

My dedicated server is VERY old (running Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) PHP/4.4.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510). We have a script that runs and manages our customer database. Early in the morning last Friday, it was working fine and processed data as usual. Later in the day, we got this error: Cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SurfMe69
2 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Visualizing MySQL Session : Web Server User Behavior at UNIX.com

Visualizing MySQL Session - Web Server User Behavior The video in this post shows unix.com forum user session information in a way that has never been visualized before. I plan to enrich this visualization significantly in the future - it's currently just a first beta. RWBeylgjOqs (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7

My yum install command is failing. I first did yum clean all I even tried with localinstall. Below is the error output: yum install mysql-community-server*.rpm Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered with an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
MYSQL_CONFIG(1) 					       MySQL Database System						   MYSQL_CONFIG(1)

NAME
mysql_config - get compile options for compiling clients SYNOPSIS
mysql_config options DESCRIPTION
mysql_config provides you with useful information for compiling your MySQL client and connecting it to MySQL. mysql_config supports the following options. o --cflags Compiler flags to find include files and critical compiler flags and defines used when compiling the libmysqlclient library. The options returned are tied to the specific compiler that was used when the library was created and might clash with the settings for your own compiler. Use --include for more portable options that contain only include paths. o --include Compiler options to find MySQL include files. o --libmysqld-libs, --embedded Libraries and options required to link with the MySQL embedded server. o --libs Libraries and options required to link with the MySQL client library. o --libs_r Libraries and options required to link with the thread-safe MySQL client library. o --plugindir The default plugin directory path name, defined when configuring MySQL. This option was added in MySQL 5.1.24. o --port The default TCP/IP port number, defined when configuring MySQL. o --socket The default Unix socket file, defined when configuring MySQL. o --version Version number for the MySQL distribution. If you invoke mysql_config with no options, it displays a list of all options that it supports, and their values: shell> mysql_config Usage: /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config [options] Options: --cflags [-I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql -mcpu=pentiumpro] --include [-I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql] --libs [-L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -L/usr/lib -lssl -lcrypto] --libs_r [-L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lpthread -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lpthread] --socket [/tmp/mysql.sock] --port [3306] --version [4.0.16] --libmysqld-libs [-L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqld -lpthread -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lpthread -lrt] You can use mysql_config within a command line to include the value that it displays for a particular option. For example, to compile a MySQL client program, use mysql_config as follows: shell> CFG=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config shell> sh -c "gcc -o progname `$CFG --include` progname.c `$CFG --libs`" When you use mysql_config this way, be sure to invoke it within backtick ("`") characters. That tells the shell to execute it and substitute its output into the surrounding command. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_CONFIG(1)