Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with grep on aix
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with grep on aix Post 302594291 by sukhdip on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 02:59:09 AM
Old 01-31-2012
Hi..and Thanks all for your valuable replies to the thread.
Problem is solved. Problem lies with the input i.e., 1_rrc_Record_Count.txt file.

Thanks once again. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX pg problem

Hi all, I have problem with regards to using pg on AIX v5.3.0.0 . Here wht i am trying to do --- i have shell script with the following statements if || then echo ^[[?3h tput clear pg -f $1$2 echo ^[[?3l ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanujapuram
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 problem

Hello, I'm working on a AIX5.2 OS. The problem i'm facing is that the system performance is good in rrot login, but when i switch to other users login it is very slow. A ls or even pwd command take almost 20 to 30 sec to disply output. The same logins are working fine on other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 4.2 Korn shell and grep question

Ho do I find out the verion of the Kron shell on my client`s system ? There is no one to ask. They are not knowledged enough (hard to believe but yes). Also, on that AIX 4.2, I am trying to figure out how to do a grep using a search patter like below but does not seam to work. The '*' do... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
11 Replies

4. AIX

AIX OS problem? network problem?

Dear ALL. I installed AIX OS on customer sites. but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp.. Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected.. of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal. Do any Idea?? thanks in advance. - Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
3 Replies

5. AIX

Grep last 5 mins from log file in AIX

I want to grep only last 5 mins of a log file in bash I have a syslog which contains the following Mon Jul 11 20:47:42 Mon Jul 11 20:47:52 The following works in Unix but not in AIX . Please can you let me know as to what would be the AIX equivalent Code: for (( i = 5; i >=0;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: necro98
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

aix :grep to get lines before and after string

am using AIX and I have a string "There is no process to read data written to a pipe". I want to get the output 2 lines before and 4 lines after this string. The string is present like more than 100 times in the log and I want to output, the last result in the log with this string I tried using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PhAnT0M
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 6.1 reach the threshold of stream(no -a|grep strthresh)

last night i want to do oracle full backup with expdp when i switch to oracle it hangs,it looks like: su - oracle there is nothing feedback and hang ,but su - root work fine. then i use truss su - oracle found it stuck at "ENOSR" ,then i changed the kernel parameter of strthresh from 85 to 90... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: machinen
7 Replies

8. AIX

How to grep PID and program name from netstat in AIX?

Hi All, I am using netstat on AIX to grep info on all open connections. However, unlike on Linux(Centos), I do not get the PID and program name using netstat on AIX. I need this info to be clubbed along with the information retrieved using netstat version of AIX. Is there a way this can be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies

10. AIX

Need grep -v Equivalent for AIX

Need grep -v "Hello" equivalent for AIX (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
qmail-queue(8)                                                System Manager's Manual                                               qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)