Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to make delimited record ???? Post 302594289 by ns64110 on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 02:46:48 AM
Old 01-31-2012
main issu eis that even data part is not having fixed length, because report that i recv is human readable format how can i make it machine readable form that is my challenge.

is it possible if can count number of character between each column and on the basis of that i can retirve data

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with awk delimited by |~| in a record

I have a file which contains 1 million records of the following format. Each field is delimited by a pipe tilda pipe "|~|" show below. I would like to print only one column ie the CARDDESC value. for example here it says CARDDESC=A8T1. so anything after CARDDESC= and before |~|CARDTYPE is what... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a record ( in a row) and make it as new row

Hi All, The following is the scenario id name -------------- 1 William;Johnson 2 Azim;Abdul 3 Grasim . . etc.... I need the following output id name -------------- 1 William 1 Johnson 2 Azim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kottursamy
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Counting columns in a delimited record with NULLs

I am trying to count the number of columns in a delimited flat file. The record is tab delimited. When I use the command wc -w, I am getting unexpected results when the record contains a NULL value. I believe it is because there is a "word" missing. The below example will return 4 words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmalencia
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make variable length record a fixed length

Very, very new to unix scripting and have a unique situation. I have a file of records that contain 3 records types: (H)eader Records (D)etail Records (T)railer Records The Detail records are 82 bytes in length which is perfect. The Header and Trailer records sometimes are 82 bytes in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Managing sequence to make unique record

Hi Everyone, Using shell script i am getting final file as attached below. In this 4th column value should be unique using any sequence. for instance I've 1_13020_SSGM which is appearing 6 times in file and i should change it like 1_13020_SSGM_1,1_13020_SSGM_2,....1_13020_SSGM_6. Can someone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert comma delimited files to semi colon delimited

Hi All, I need a unix script to convert .csv files to .skv files (changing a comma delimited file to a semi colon delimited file). I am a unix newbie and so don't know where to start. The script will be scheduled using cron and needs to convert each .csv file in a particular folder to a .skv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarpKing
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make tab delimited file to space delimited?

Hi How to make tab delimited file to space delimited? in put file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl o/p file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl Use code tags, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a header record (tab delimited) in multiple files

Hi Forum. I'm struggling to find a solution for the following issue. I have multiple files a1.txt, a2.txt, a3.txt, etc. and I would like to insert a tab-delimited header record at the beginning of each of the files. This is my code so far but it's not working as expected. for i in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete 'duplicated' column values and make a delimited file too?

Hi, I have the following output from an Oracle SQL statement and I want to remove duplicated column values. I know it is possible using Oracle analytical/statistical functions but unfortunately I don't know how to use any of those. So now, I've gone to PLAN B using awk/sed maybe or any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/Advise please for converting space delimited string variable to comma delimited with quote

Hi, I am wanting to create a script that will construct a SQL statement based on a a space delimited string that it read from a config file. Example of the SQL will be For example, it will read a string like "AAA BBB CCC" and assign to a variable named IN_STRING. I then concatenate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
ost::Number(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    ost::Number(3)

NAME
ost::Number - A number manipulation class. SYNOPSIS
#include <numbers.h> Inherited by ost::DateNumber, and ost::ZNumber. Public Member Functions Number (char *buffer, unsigned size) Create an instance of a number. void setValue (long value) const char * getBuffer () const long getValue () const long operator() () operator long () operator char * () long operator= (const long value) long operator+= (const long value) long operator-= (const long value) long operator-- () long operator++ () int operator== (const Number &num) int operator!= (const Number &num) int operator< (const Number &num) int operator<= (const Number &num) int operator> (const Number &num) int operator>= (const Number &num) Protected Attributes char * buffer unsigned size Friends long operator+ (const Number &num, const long val) long operator+ (const long val, const Number &num) long operator- (const Number &num, long val) long operator- (const long val, const Number &num) Detailed Description A number manipulation class. This is used to extract, convert, and manage simple numbers that are represented in C ascii strings in a very quick and optimal way. Author: David Sugar dyfet@ostel.com number manipulation. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation ost::Number::Number (char *buffer, unsignedsize) Create an instance of a number. Parameters: buffer or NULL if created internally. size use - values for zero filled. Member Function Documentation const char* ost::Number::getBuffer () const [inline] long ost::Number::getValue () const ost::Number::operator char * () [inline] ost::Number::operator long () [inline] int ost::Number::operator!= (const Number &num) long ost::Number::operator() () [inline] long ost::Number::operator++ () long ost::Number::operator+= (const longvalue) long ost::Number::operator-- () long ost::Number::operator-= (const longvalue) int ost::Number::operator< (const Number &num) int ost::Number::operator<= (const Number &num) long ost::Number::operator= (const longvalue) Reimplemented in ost::ZNumber. int ost::Number::operator== (const Number &num) int ost::Number::operator> (const Number &num) int ost::Number::operator>= (const Number &num) void ost::Number::setValue (longvalue) Reimplemented in ost::ZNumber. Friends And Related Function Documentation long operator+ (const Number &num, const longval) [friend] long operator+ (const longval, const Number &num) [friend] long operator- (const Number &num, longval) [friend] long operator- (const longval, const Number &num) [friend] Member Data Documentation char* ost::Number::buffer [protected] unsigned ost::Number::size [protected] Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for GNU CommonC++ from the source code. GNU CommonC++ Sat Jun 23 2012 ost::Number(3)