Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /dev/log as socket
Operating Systems HP-UX /dev/log as socket Post 302594249 by naan on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 12:42:27 AM
Old 01-31-2012
/dev/log as socket

Hi,

How do I convet /dev/log from a pipe to a socket. As of now its is a pipe.

bash-4.0$ ls -l /dev/log
prw-rw-rw- 1 root sys 0 Jan 31 05:23 /dev/log

I need to have it as a socket.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Socket programming in bash (using /dev/udp)

Hi, I am trying to write 2 simple scripts. One to echo a message into a socket, and the other to read from it. There are many tutorials about, but they're mostly about retrieving web pages through a socket. The code I'm trying is echo qwerty > /dev/udp/localhost/22 (the first port I found that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeppelin147
2 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the import log to /dev/null?

Hi i am running oracle database import through a script and script scans the import log to see if there are any errors. Now the porblem is that when i run the script the import log appears on the screen even if i direct the output of import to /dev/null. imp "'/ as sysdba'"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoo128
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

when a process fails to write to /dev/log

Hi , when a process fails to write to /dev/log ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

8. AIX

Problem in /dev/hd1 and /dev/hd9var

Hello AIXians, I can't boot my AIX, it hangs and stops at the code error: 0518 After searching google, I knew the problem is due to problems in File Systems. So the solution is booting from any bootable media, then run these commands in maintenance mode: #fsck -y /dev/hd4 #fsck -y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

10. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
sock2path(4)							   File Formats 						      sock2path(4)

NAME
sock2path - socket mapping file that maps sockets to transport providers SYNOPSIS
/etc/sock2path DESCRIPTION
The socket mapping file, /etc/sock2path, is a system file that contains the mappings between the socket(3SOCKET) call parameters and the transport provider driver. Its format is described on the soconfig(1M) manual page. The init(1M) utility uses the soconfig utility with the sock2path file during the boot sequence. EXAMPLES
Example 1 An Example of the sock2path File The following is an example of a sock2path file: # Family Type Protocol Module | Path 2 2 0 tcp 2 2 6 tcp 26 2 0 tcp 26 2 6 tcp 2 1 0 udp 2 1 17 udp 26 1 0 udp 26 1 17 udp 1 2 0 /dev/ticotsord 1 6 0 /dev/ticotsord 1 1 0 /dev/ticlts 2 4 0 icmp 26 4 0 icmp 24 4 0 rts 27 4 2 /dev/keysock SEE ALSO
init(1M), soconfig(1M), socket(3SOCKET) SunOS 5.11 4 Nov 2008 sock2path(4)