Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming unidirectional linked list pointer problem Post 302594174 by bluetxxth on Monday 30th of January 2012 05:41:22 PM
Old 01-30-2012
unidirectional linked list pointer problem

I am trying to test some operations on a directed list. However, the declaration of a pointer is giving me trouble.

I seem to have done something incorrectly because I get an error:
"listtest.c:29: warning: 'p' may be used uninitialized in this function"

Can anyone help?

This is my code so far.

Code:
int main(int argc, char **argv){

dlist *list = dlist_empty();/*create a new empty list*/
dlist_position p;
char *element[2];
int i;

/*test if list is empty*/    

if(!(dlist_empty())){
    printf(" list is not empty");
    return 0;

}
else {

/*test to insert elements*/
        for (i = 0; i<3; i++) {
            element[i] = malloc(sizeof(char)*3);
            sprintf(element[i], "%d", i+1);
        }

printf("build directed list \n");
        p = dlist_insert(list, p, element[0]);
        p = dlist_insert(list, p, element[1]);
        p = dlist_insert(list, p, element[2]);

/*test to inspect elements*/        
        printf("first element: %s\n", 
           (char *)dlist_inspect(list, dlist_first(list)));

/*test if element is first*/

/*test if element is last*/

/*test to remove elements*/

}/*end if else */

return 0;
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reverse single linked list

Can any one help me in reversing the single linked list and at the same time i want to print the reversed links. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List linked files

A perl script that displays the list of files which have multiple links..! ls -l shows number of links in a field. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
0 Replies

3. Programming

linked list node with pointer to struct

Suppose to have: struct Tstudent { string name, surname; int matriculation_num; }; struct Tnode { Tstudent* student; Tnodo* next; } L;I want to deference that "student" pointer. For example, I tried with: *(L->student).matriculation_numbut it not worked, as terminal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
4 Replies

4. Programming

shared memory with linked list??

is this possible, if so plz please share with me.. Correct English please, not Cyber-/Leetspeak (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_manpage
11 Replies

5. Programming

I need C++ Code for single linked list

I need C++ Code for single linked list With operations as 1)insert at any position 2)delete any 3)change the data of any position (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
2 Replies

6. Programming

Help with linked list in C

i have this code typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; struct client_list * next; int client_socket_fd; } client; client *current, *head; head = NULL; char *h="test"; add_client(current, h, head, &client_socket_fd); ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
24 Replies

7. Programming

How to check if something exists in linked list in C?

i have a linked list set up like typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; int client_socket_fd; struct client_list *next; } client; client *client_list=NULL; before adding to the list i check if it already exists, only if it does not then i add if (client_list==NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

8. Programming

Help with linked list.

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> struct LinkedList { int val; struct LinkedList *next; }node; /*Creating a structure variable*/ typedef struct LinkedList Node; Node *start = NULL; int create(int i) { Node *temp = NULL; if (start == NULL) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
5 Replies

9. Programming

How to delete the last node in a linked list.?

How to delete the last node in a single linked list given only the pointer to last node ? Head node will not be given. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
5 Replies

10. Programming

How to reverse a linked list by traversing only once.?

Program to reverse a linked list by traversing only once. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
1 Replies
lreplace(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						    lreplace(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
lreplace - Replace elements in a list with new elements SYNOPSIS
lreplace list first last ?element element ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
lreplace returns a new list formed by replacing one or more elements of list with the element arguments. first and last are index values | specifying the first and last elements of the range to replace. The index values first and last are interpreted the same as index values | for the command string index, supporting simple index arithmetic and indices relative to the end of the list. 0 refers to the first ele- | ment of the list, and end refers to the last element of the list. If list is empty, then first and last are ignored. If first is less than zero, it is considered to refer to before the first element of the list. For non-empty lists, the element indicated by first must exist or first must indicate before the start of the list. If last is less than first, then any specified elements will be inserted into the list at the point specified by first with no elements being deleted. The element arguments specify zero or more new arguments to be added to the list in place of those that were deleted. Each element argu- ment will become a separate element of the list. If no element arguments are specified, then the elements between first and last are sim- ply deleted. If list is empty, any element arguments are added to the end of the list. EXAMPLES
Replacing an element of a list with another: % lreplace {a b c d e} 1 1 foo a foo c d e Replacing two elements of a list with three: % lreplace {a b c d e} 1 2 three more elements a three more elements d e Deleting the last element from a list in a variable: % set var {a b c d e} a b c d e % set var [lreplace $var end end] a b c d A procedure to delete a given element from a list: proc lremove {listVariable value} { upvar 1 $listVariable var set idx [lsearch -exact $var $value] set var [lreplace $var $idx $idx] } SEE ALSO
list(3tcl), lappend(3tcl), lindex(3tcl), linsert(3tcl), llength(3tcl), lsearch(3tcl), lset(3tcl), lrange(3tcl), lsort(3tcl), string(3tcl) | KEYWORDS
element, list, replace Tcl 7.4 lreplace(3tcl)