Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris DNS Cache Problem-Urgent !!!!!! Post 302593821 by sandeep.tk on Sunday 29th of January 2012 03:41:32 AM
Old 01-29-2012
Network DNS Cache Problem-Urgent !!!!!!

I have DNS Server running in solaris 10 .

There is website called exaple.com ,whcih was hosted in this dns server with IP 1.2.3.4 ,now we deleted the DNS entry of that website from our DNS Server (db.exmaple.com is deleted from named.conf ) and it is hosted with some other name server with IP 5.6.7.8

But now thw problem is when i am doing nslookup its showing the old IP address 1.2.3.4

when i am doing dig +trace example.com ,its showing proper IP address .

I performrd #rndc flush
#rndc flushname example.com
#svcadm restart nscd

Still its showing the old IP address only ,cache is not get cleared ..kindly help

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Dns cache poisoning upgrade to bind9.5.0p2

Hi again guys, It seems this is a global thing affecting all the DNS bind versions prior to July 28 2008. I have my work cut out for me very soon, I see at least a handful of servers in my list that either need to patching or upgrading. How many of you guys are affected? Anybody successfully... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

DNS Cache-Only Config Advice

Hi Chaps and Chappettes, I've had a short period of time recently to learn and implement DNS cache-only in our organisation. Trouble is, according to my tcpdumps, the amount of traffic on port 53 has increased. This is of course the exact opposit of the desired effect. Would y'all mind looking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danny.hudson
2 Replies

3. Linux

getting info on Cache Size, Data Cache etc..

Hi all I saw in Microsoft web site www.SysInternals.com a tool called CoreInfo from able to print out on screen the size of the Data and Instruction caches of your processor, the Locigal to Physical Processor mapping, the number of the CPU sockets. etc.. Do you know if in Linux is available a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Performance problem - waiting on cache

My server is running HP-UX 11.23 and one Oracle database. The server has 8 CPUs and is mostly idle all the time. Buffer cache is set to 10%min/max with 5GB memory on the server. I have a user complaining that a batch process is all of a sudden taking a long time to finish. The DBA gave me the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
13 Replies

5. Red Hat

Path of the DNS Cache file

We have a DNS server that is only using as a cache DNS of parent server. I wonder where it the cache file that it created from parent DNS? Please tell me where will be the cache file? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashkrishn
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to add intranet sites to DNS cache?

Hi all, I'm hosting a site for my team in my LAN, for which my team mates should type my hosting server IP address in the web browser, example: http://192.168.134.213:78/testteam/ This is really hectic to type the ip address always, is there anyway where i can create a site name mapping to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
7 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

UNIX cache problem?

So I worked out a script for Mac OSX from an existing script. This script checks the versionnumber of a plugin and a package. If the plugin version is different from the package it has to update the plugin. The script works fine but the final check fails. Here is my script: #compare version... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattiasvdm
6 Replies
RNDC(8) 							       BIND9								   RNDC(8)

NAME
rndc - name server control utility SYNOPSIS
rndc [-b source-address] [-c config-file] [-k key-file] [-s server] [-p port] [-V] [-y key_id] {command} DESCRIPTION
rndc controls the operation of a name server. It supersedes the ndc utility that was provided in old BIND releases. If rndc is invoked with no command line options or arguments, it prints a short summary of the supported commands and the available options and their arguments. rndc communicates with the name server over a TCP connection, sending commands authenticated with digital signatures. In the current versions of rndc and named, the only supported authentication algorithm is HMAC-MD5, which uses a shared secret on each end of the connection. This provides TSIG-style authentication for the command request and the name server's response. All commands sent over the channel must be signed by a key_id known to the server. rndc reads a configuration file to determine how to contact the name server and decide what algorithm and key it should use. OPTIONS
-b source-address Use source-address as the source address for the connection to the server. Multiple instances are permitted to allow setting of both the IPv4 and IPv6 source addresses. -c config-file Use config-file as the configuration file instead of the default, /etc/rndc.conf. -k key-file Use key-file as the key file instead of the default, /etc/rndc.key. The key in /etc/rndc.key will be used to authenticate commands sent to the server if the config-file does not exist. -s server server is the name or address of the server which matches a server statement in the configuration file for rndc. If no server is supplied on the command line, the host named by the default-server clause in the options statement of the rndc configuration file will be used. -p port Send commands to TCP port port instead of BIND 9's default control channel port, 953. -V Enable verbose logging. -y key_id Use the key key_id from the configuration file. key_id must be known by named with the same algorithm and secret string in order for control message validation to succeed. If no key_id is specified, rndc will first look for a key clause in the server statement of the server being used, or if no server statement is present for that host, then the default-key clause of the options statement. Note that the configuration file contains shared secrets which are used to send authenticated control commands to name servers. It should therefore not have general read or write access. For the complete set of commands supported by rndc, see the BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual or run rndc without arguments to see its help message. LIMITATIONS
rndc does not yet support all the commands of the BIND 8 ndc utility. There is currently no way to provide the shared secret for a key_id without using the configuration file. Several error messages could be clearer. SEE ALSO
rndc.conf(5), rndc-confgen(8), named(8), named.conf(5), ndc(8), BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual. AUTHOR
Internet Systems Consortium COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2005, 2007 Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC") Copyright (C) 2000, 2001 Internet Software Consortium. BIND9 June 30, 2000 RNDC(8)