Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable display txt file.
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Unable display txt file. Post 302593812 by itkamaraj on Saturday 28th of January 2012 11:59:56 PM
Old 01-29-2012
can you post the command which you tried

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xhost: unable to open display????

I am a dba, not an sa, that recently had to take over administering an HP-UX server. Needless to say I am not in a comfortable area, but found out that of all people I am the most knowledgeable on unix here .... scary thought I know. I am having troubles exporting my display to a Windows XP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xhost unable to open display

I am trying to install ORACLE 10g database on HP-UNIX 11.11 I am running OUI runinstaller from exceed terminal from windows PC. I have set DISPLAY=IPAddress of PC:0.0 When installer starts it is giving me error of display (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymg
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep/cat/more -- search in a txt file and display content from a specific "keyword"

Hi, I have a .txt file Sample: ===================== NEXT HOST ===================== AEADBAS001 ip access-list extended BLA_Incoming_Filter ip access-list extended BLA_Outgoing_Filter access-list 1 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx access-list 2 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====================... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment

Hi, I have already read a lot of posts on sending attachments in unix...but none of them were of help for my problem...so here goes.. i wanna attach a text file and send to a mail id..used the following code : uuencode "$File1" "$File1" ;|mail -s "$Mail_sub" abc@abc.com it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash22
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to display correctly the contents of a file without a line feed

I am using AIX and ksh. I need to display the contents of a file that has a pid (process id). Because the file is open, it doesn't have the line feed or new line, so for some reason if I do this: `cat $pid` , where $pid is the name of the fully qualified file, it displays test3.sh: 426110:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gato
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list .txt and .TXT file

Hi expersts, in my directory i have *.txt and *.TXT and *.TXT.log, *.txt.log I want list only .txt and .TXT files in one command... how to ?? //purple (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to attach a .txt file or .log file to mail and mailx command

Hi, I am trying to attach a .log file or .txt file to mail command to send an email once my ksh script executed. I am unable to use mutt command as it has been not installed and i am not supposed to install it. I have tried many ways by googling which has not helped me to succeed. Here is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
5 Replies
VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)						   Open VM Tools						 VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)

NAME
vmware-checkvm - Check if running in a VM or not SYNOPSIS
vmware-checkvm DESCRIPTION
This is a simple console application and can be run as any user. vmware-checkvm check if is running in a VM (returns 0) or not (returns 1). OPTIONS
vmware-checkvm has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-xferlogs(1) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmware-checkvm and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)