Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Why i cannot execute remotely soffice with this new user ? Post 302593541 by vbe on Friday 27th of January 2012 08:44:57 AM
Old 01-27-2012
Sorry for the delay, was out of office...
Quote:
How can I change the perm on .rhosts for user 'usertest' .
It will depend if you can connect as the owner of the file, and may not be enough depending of OS...
An elegant way but not all OS support is to make the .rhosts file ReadOnly on group and get usertest to be in a common group as the owner: Does oias stand for oracle installer? Could it be possible to get usertest in the group dba for example?
What OS are you using (and version...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to remotely execute a script on a VMS system ?

How to remotely execute a script on a VMS system ? rsh ? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancleber
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ?

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ? rsh ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ?

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ? rsh ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Linux

execute a program remotely using putty

hi all. I have a small program on a debian server which i need to execute remotely from a windows machine using putty. when i use putty to execute the program it starts running , but when i close the session the program stops running on the debian server as well. Can anyone guide me how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely Execute a script

Hi, What is the best way to remotely execute a script? Scenario: 1 Unix box creates a file and moves it to a 2nd unix box 2nd unix box must then move the file to a windows server How can i execute the ftp script on the 2nd server, I need to schedule the command to automate it!? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh execute command remotely

Hi all, Today I want to write a script to run the commands remotely. If I run the command as follows: ssh <user>@<ip> 'ls; pwd' it works fine. But when I want to use ssh to set view in clearcase, it will lose the response. as follows ssh <user>@<ip> 'cleartool setview <view_name>; pwd'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
1 Replies

7. Solaris

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows? I having a shell script in my unix machine, need to execute the script remotely from my windows machine using Visual Basic or VBA macros. Thanks In Advance. --Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshmani
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to execute the shell remotely

Hi All, I have a typical problem where I have HP unix and want to connect to Solaris 5.10 box and run a shell. I tried with multiple forums but it does not help. As per my analysis, there is no ssh in my machine and so i cant connect to solaris box,secondly ftp to the solaris server is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[perl] execute remotely script

Hello Can some help with write part of perl script I need something like this in perl SSH="/bin/ssh -o BatchMode=yes -o" USER="test" SRV="server" SCRIPT_TO_EXEC="/tmp/test.sh" -> shell script OUT=/tmp/out.file ${SSH} -l ${USER} ${SRV} 'sudo /usr/bin/ksh -s' < ${SCRIPT_TO_EXEC} >> ${OUT}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute command remotely as sudo and save the output locally?

Hello , I am trying to run a NetBackup command in remote server. Also this command can only be run by root so I am using sudo . Also I want the output of the command locally in a file. The below command asked for password , ran successfully and showed Output on my local server screen ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
2 Replies
muroar_connect(3)					    muRoar Programmer's Manual						 muroar_connect(3)

NAME
muroar_connect - Opens a connection to a RoarAudio sound daemon SYNOPSIS
#include <muroar.h> muroar_t muroar_connect(const char * server, const char * name); DESCRIPTION
This function opens a connection to sound server supporting the RoarAudio protocol. PARAMETERS
server The address of the server to connect to. May be set to NULL to connect to the default server. name The name for the application. Should be set to some a string the user will recognize. For example use "OpenOffice Impress" not "soffice.bin" (process name). This can be set to NULL to use a generaic default string. However it is strongly recommented to set this to some useful string. RETURN VALUE
On success this call returns a file handle to a open connection. On error, MUROAR_HANDLE_INVALID is returned. BUGS
This function does currently not support DECnet (UNIX Sockets and IPv4 is supported). HISTORY
This function first appeared in muRoar version 0.1beta0. SEE ALSO
muroar_connect(3), muroar_quit(3), RoarAudio(7). muRoar April 2012 muroar_connect(3)