Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users [Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"? Post 302593385 by dkarr on Thursday 26th of January 2012 06:16:54 PM
Old 01-26-2012
Outstanding. That fired my long-inactive X11 neurons. It worked fine.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pf not working properly even with only "pass in all" and "pass out all" rules

i have two rules in my pf.conf file, "pass in all" and "pass out all" i was having issues with getting pf working to begin with, so i went with starting from nothing and working on up. i have an ultrasparc ultra1 200e, with an added 4-port fast ethernet sbus card, running "3.4 GENERIC#85... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to set DISPLAY to support X11 window server

I can run xclock from root but not able to run in a user (oracle) I am getting this error during installation of ORACLE-10g (10.2) in Solaris-10 (X86).............when I do ./runInstaller when ever try, getting this error....... DISPLAY not set. Please set the DISPLAY and try again. or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gohappy
2 Replies

4. Solaris

X11 Display

Hi all, How to setup X11 on Solaris? ~Vinodh' Kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

INIT: cannot execute "/etc/X11/prefdm"

Hi I tried the following but no joy! Inserted the linux installation cd.. ( rescue mode)... tried chroot /mnt/sysimage but I get chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh Checked the permission on /bin and it was set to ?r--rw-rx tried to do chmod –R 755 but got error operation not permitted ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: halacil
3 Replies

6. Solaris

X11 and "Cannot Open Display" errors

Greetings Forumers! I'm posting a solution to an Issue I ran into this week: Getting applications to display on another through X11 and SSH. I have run into this issue many years ago and finally found my notes. Some of you may already know the answer to this issue but it took me a while to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

7. Linux

Forward X11 Putty+Xming without $HOME

Im trying to forward X11 from new servers by logging with NIS User, but no $HOME is mounted from NIS maps, this is how it was set-up. I got Xming for X11 forwarding which works beautifully with putty, but it aint working with this situation where my $HOME folder is missing, Means when Im logging... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl1ngac1k
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X11 Display Problem with Mac OSX after creating new account

For preliminaries, I am on a Mac Pro running 10.5. I am trying to run a program that opens an X11 graphic and plots a mesh. The little program is called showme. It has worked just fine in the past. Up until I had to make a new user account on this machine for myself. Now every time I try to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bocephus85
8 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
libgdk-x11-2.0.3(3)                                      Introduction to Library Functions                                     libgdk-x11-2.0.3(3)

NAME
libgdk-x11-2.0 - GTK+ Drawing Kit API DESCRIPTION
The libgdk-x11-2.0 library is an implementation of the GTK+ drawing kit for the X11 windowing system. It is used by GTK+ for low-level drawing operations. Most applications will not use GDK directly, but will use GTK+ components (see libgtk-x11-2.0(3)). To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.GTK+ Drawing Kit API shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs SUNWg- | | |nome-base-libs-64 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0(3), gdk-pixbuf-csource(3), libglib-2.0(3), libgobject-2.0(3), libgtk-x11-2.0(3), X11(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 31 Aug 2004 libgdk-x11-2.0.3(3)