Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Reading the last word in a file from a script Post 302593249 by vbe on Thursday 26th of January 2012 09:37:48 AM
Old 01-26-2012
The $FIC_PARAM file you read is of what origin? DOS?
If DOS (WIN...) then convert the files with dos2ux or dos2unix command before...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a shell script pull the first word (or nth word) off each line of a text file?

Greetings. I am struggling with a shell script to make my life simpler, with a number of practical ways in which it could be used. I want to take a standard text file, and pull the 'n'th word from each line such as the first word from a text file. I'm struggling to see how each line can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricky
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file by using particular word.

hi, I have a doubt in reading a file by using particular word. My requirement is that, i have one file and from that file, when ever i found "alter", that whole line i have to take it and send it to SQL Prompt. My file looks like below. Enter value for schema_nmae: QAEVO_B1 old 1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SOLVED: reading config file in a perl script

Hi! I have a need to do this in Perl. script.pl -config file The script would be doing a wget/LWP on a URL which is defined in the config file. So when I run the script it should return either one of these conditions - 1) OK with exit status 0. Should also print "wget URL" 2)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a word from a text file into shell script

Hi, I am new to shell programming.I need to write a script that would accept a word from each line fo an input text file.Can anyone help me with this?Exact requirement: word1 word2 word3 (separated by space) .Now I need word3 from each such line in the text file. Thanks in Advance, Manish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish007
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Search for a word and print the next word

Hi, I am trying to search for a word and print the next word. For example: My text is "<TRANSFORMATION TYPE ="Lookup Procedure">" I am searching for "TYPE" and trying to print ="Lookup Procedure" I have written a code like following: echo $line | nawk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
4 Replies

7. Programming

[Solved] Problem with fork() while reading files

Good evening everyone. I have my finals and I'm facing a problem: I have a for cycle that is supposed to fork 2 children but somehow it forks only the first one. What am I doing wrong ? #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <time.h>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfpietro
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Reading Array And Send An Email

I am trying to find an example for reading an array instead of reading a file and send out an email in ksh. Can you please help is that possible? Algorithm #!/bin/ksh i=0 set -A ARR if then let i=$ ARR="A does n't match with B" fi if then let i=$ ARR="P does n't match with Q"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Need Help in reading Response file

Hi All, I have a requirement to read response file which looks like below Ex: NAME=SAM DOB=01/01/1980 ADDRESS= 7658 James Street NewYork 0000 Now, I need to take NAME, DOB, ADDRESS into variables I am fine taking NAME and DOB I need help on how can I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallak
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to check word count of each word in file

I am trying to figure out to find word count of each word from my file sample file hi how are you hi are you ok sample out put hi 1 how 1 are 1 you 1 hi 1 are 1 you 1 ok 1 wc -l filename is not helping , i think we will have to split the lines and count and then print and also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
4 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - mtools utility to convert a DOS file to UNIX SYNOPSIS
dos2unix msdosfile OPTIONS
None OPERANDS
Name of the file to convert. DESCRIPTION
The dos2unix command converts a file from DOS format to UNIX format. The converted file replaces the original file. Subdirectory names that contain the '/' or '' separator are supported. If you use the '' separator or wildcards, you must enclose file names in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command can be used to establish the device and the current working directory (relative to DOS), otherwise the default is A:. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of dos2unix: If set, this variable names the file that contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this variable is not set, the file $HOME/.mcwd is used. FILES
Contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this file does not exist, the default mtools working directory is A:. Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mcopy(1), mread(1), mtools(1) mtype(1), mwrite(1) dos2unix(1)