Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to bypass the password field Post 302593160 by coolkid on Wednesday 25th of January 2012 11:11:55 PM
Old 01-26-2012
Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to automatically prepopulate a password field?

I want to know if there is a way that I can right a script that will su to root and prepopulate the password field? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrchcol
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace password field using ed/sed

I need to edit the password file to change the password field to *LK* for a specified account (abctest) like: abctest:*LK*:135:20::/home/abctest:/sbin/sh Can anyone help me do this using ed or sed? Thanks a lot! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: munch
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to bypass error in shell script?

Hi again, I have a script that moves files based on filelist: ------------------------------ filelist1=./rated.txt for file in $(< $filelist1) do mv ./$file ./Backup/$file done ------------------------------ If the file in filelist is not found from the folder the script fails.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmikahan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. Solaris

bypass password authentication for sftp in unix

I am using solaris unix 8.2 version. I want to bypass password authentication for sftp. Can you please give some ideas on this. thanks.Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
4 Replies

6. Solaris

can't bypass password authentication

I can able to SFTP from my web server unix to apps server unix end. but the other way from APPS server to Web server is still asking me the password. I have done same procedure both side. still i am having same problem. Any one help on this. thanks, regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp:Password field is displayed

I am trying to get a file by doing ftp to the server. The below script works fine but as I type password it is displayed as simple text. HOST='192.108.245.101' echo 'username: ' read USER echo 'password:' read PASSWD ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD lcd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

8. Solaris

root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)

I have message "root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)" after Solaris 10 boots up. Why it appears ? thx for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP prompting for password even though password is in script

Hi All, I am trying to transfer a file from one server to a remote server using SFTP. Client is not ready for key setup. I am working on Solaris 10. Here is the code. #!/bin/ksh # sample automatic Sftp script to dump a file USER="user1" PASSWORD="pass1" HOST="host1" sftp $USER@$HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file.

Hello, I have a text file in the below format: Source Destination State Lag Status CQA02W2K12pl:D:\CAQA ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pocodot
10 Replies
pwck(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   pwck(8)

NAME
pwck, grpck - Checks the password and group files for inconsistencies SYNOPSIS
pwck [-admNs] [file] grpck [-mNp] [file] FLAGS
Causes both pwck and grpck to additionally check the NIS database entries using the same consistency tests. Users that are defined in the local password or group file without the "+" at the start of the name field are flagged as duplicate entries. pwck Inhibits the running of the /tcb/bin/authck -p command on a system running Enhanced Security. Prevents pwck from checking for the presence of the user's login directory. Directs pwck to check for mixed case usernames. Causes pwck to check for the presence of the optional shell field for each entry. grck If there are no members, causes grpck to display a message indicating the listed group has no members. Directs grpck to not check for a users' existence in the password database (local or NIS). DESCRIPTION
The pwck command scans the /etc/passwd file, or the named file, and writes to standard out any inconsistencies. The scan checks the number of fields, login name, user ID, group ID, and existence of a login directory and optional program name. The grpck command scans the /etc/group file, or the named file, and writes to standard out any inconsistencies. The scan checks the number of fields, group name, group ID, and whether all login names appear in the password file. EXAMPLES
To verify the password information in the /etc/passwd file for consistency, enter: pwck To verify the password information in the /etc/passwd file and the NIS database for consistency without checking each users login directory validity, enter: pwck -Nd To verify the group information in the /etc/group file and the NIS database for consistency, enter: grpck -N FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the command path Contains user information Contains group information RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: adduser(8), authck(8), groups(1), passwd(1), vipw(8) Files: passwd(4), group(4), ypfiles(4) delim off pwck(8)