Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help for File Modification
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help for File Modification Post 302592540 by mnmonu on Tuesday 24th of January 2012 07:54:27 AM
Old 01-24-2012
Help for File Modification

Hi All,

I have a file disk_space.log.
cat disk_space.log
Code:
94% /
32% /boot
38% /mnt/data
100% /media/CDROM

I want the output, like
cat disk_space.log
Code:
94% /
100% /media/CDROM

That means print the line those are grater-than 90%. And rest of the line is remove from file.
I have a script but that is not working properly.
Code:
cat disk_space.log | awk -F"%" '{print $1}' | awk '$1>90'

Please Help me.

Thanks in advance
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use next time code tags for your code and data

Last edited by vbe; 01-24-2012 at 09:09 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File modification time

Does anyone know how to display the time with seconds of when a file was last modified. I can get hour & minutes but would also like seconds. --Running AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edog
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification

Dear all, i have a file which contains this lines. 0-0 CC=1 0-01 0-011 0-0111 0-01110 F=500 CC=1 L=15 M=5 TRD=3948... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the file modification time of a file on nfs mount point

Hi I am accessing a file on nfs mounted device, after completing using of the file, i am tring to restore the access time and modification times of the file. So i got the previous modified time of the file using stat() function and trying to set the date and time for the file, To set these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification history

Can anyone please suggest an alternate command for "stat" . I am trying this on Solaris 5.9 , but the command doesn't exist. Basically i need to see one particalar file modification history. Any help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk1216
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file modification

Hi, I have a file test.txt . The contain of the file is as below : 365798~SAPUS~PR5~0000799005~ADM CHARG MEDCAL INS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SLAC480 I want to modify this file. And file contain loking like "365798"~"SAPUS"~"PR5"~"0000799005"~"ADM CHARG MEDCAL... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt. cat abcd.txt output is as follows : "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~"cc" "dd"~"005"~"" ~""~"kk"~"aa"~"00 8"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat abcd.txt "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~ "cc""dd"~"005"~""~""~ "kk"~"aa"~"008"~""~""~ I have a script. (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have a file. This file contain huge amount of data. I want to modify this file. I want enter new line when count of "~ character is 79. Please find below the code : cat file_name | tr -d '\n' | sed... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Modification

Hi, I have a file input.txt. cat input.txt output is as follows : Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~"0002"~"name" "dd"~"35.50"~"" ~""~"0003"~"name"~"aa"~"21.3 5"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat output.txt Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Programming

File content modification

HI All, I have a file with content as below Filename: my name is xyz my name abc my name is bdf end Filename: my name uvx my name edd my name jhn end i want to edit the content and save into another file as Filename1: my name is xyz Filename1: my name abc Filename1: my name is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help For File modification

Hi, I have a file. File contains are as follows : Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080 Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load INFO: Initialization processed in 771 ms Feb 20, 2012... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags SYNOPSIS
lintian-info [log-file...] lintian-info --tags tag ... DESCRIPTION
The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag or tags. If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command. (Note, though, that the lintian command has a command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this command.) OPTIONS
-a, --annotate Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override entries. For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. --profile prof Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags. If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default profile for than vendor is chosen. If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor. Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles. -t, --tags Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag. EXIT STATUS
If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1. Otherwise, it always returns with exit code 0. SEE ALSO
lintian(1) AUTHORS
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> perl v5.14.2 2013-02-16 LINTIAN-INFO(1)