Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace a data in a field if that does not contain a particular pattern Post 302592485 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 24th of January 2012 04:23:07 AM
Old 01-24-2012
Try:
Code:
awk -F"|" '!(index($4," ")){$4=$4 " 00:00:00"}1' OFS="|" file

This User Gave Thanks to Franklin52 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pattern and replace another field

HI all I have a problem, I need to replace a field in a file, but only in the lines that have some pattern, example: 100099C01101C00000000059394200701CREoperadora_TX 100099C01201C00000000000099786137OPERADORA_TX2 in the example above I need to change the first field from 1 to 2 only if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergiioo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Pattern match between 2 files, then compare a field in file1 as > or < field in file2

First, thanks for the help in previous posts... couldn't have gotten where I am now without it! So here is what I have, I use AWK to match $1 and $2 as 1 string in file1 to $1 and $2 as 1 string in file2. Now I'm wondering if I can extend this AWK command to incorporate the following: If $1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match pattern in a field, print pattern only instead of the entire field

Hi ! I have a tab-delimited file, file.tab: Column1 Column2 Column3 aaaaaaaaaa bbtomatoesbbbbbb cccccccccc ddddddddd eeeeappleseeeeeeeee ffffffffffffff ggggggggg hhhhhhtomatoeshhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace field in one file with whole record data of another

Hello Group, I need to replace the city field in “File 1 (fileld 3), with the entire record line of “File 2” (including delimiters) where the “city” field (File 1, Field 3)matches city field (File 2, Field1). All of the other data in “File 1” should remain intact(Fields 1,2,4,5,6). Only field... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vestport
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace column that matches specific pattern, with column data from another file

Can anyone please help with this? I have 2 files as given below. If 2nd column of file1 has pattern foo1@a, find the matching 1st column in file2 & replace 2nd column of file1 with file2's value. file1 abc_1 foo1@a .... abc_1 soo2@a ... def_2 soo2@a .... def_2 foo1@a ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashali
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serach pattern in one field and replace in another

Hi all, I have a TAB separated file like this: sample.rpt: 54 67 common/bin/my/home {{bla bla bla}} {bla bla} Replace Me 89 75 bad/rainy/day/out {{ some bla} } {some bla} Dontreplace Me ...... ...... I wish to do a regexp match on the 3rd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newboy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to replace a pattern on specific line in a data file

Hi, I want to replace specific pattern "-2.0000 2" by "1.0000 3" on a particular line (line #5) in a file 1.dat. I have about 50 more files similar to 1.dat in which I want to do this correction. Can you please suggest how can I make change only at this particular line of a file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuj06
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the first field if the second field matches the pattern using Perl

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl command to print the first field when the second field matches the given pattern: perl -lane 'open F, "< myfile"; for $i (<F>) {chomp $i; if ($F =~ /patt$/) {my $f = (split(" ", $i)); print "$f";}} close F' dummy_file I know I can achieve the same with the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pattern from nth field from a file

$ cat /cygdrive/d/Final2.txt 1,A ,Completed, 07.03_23.01 ,Jun 30 20:00 2,BBB,Pending,, 3,CCCCC,Pending,, 4,DDDDD,Pending,, 5,E,Pending,, 6,FFFF,Pending,, 7,G,Pending,, In the above file 4th field is date which is in MM.DD_HH.MIN format and I need to convert it to as it is there in 5th... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pattern from nth field from a file

I have posted this again as old post is closed and I am not able to reopen. so please consider this new post Input File : 1,A,Completed,06.02_19.36,Jun 30 20:00 2,BBB,Failed,07.04_05.12,Jul 21 19:06 3,CCCCC,New,07.21_03.03,Jul 26 12:57 4,DDDDD,Pending,, I wast output file as: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
7 Replies
fwtmp(1M)																 fwtmp(1M)

NAME
fwtmp, wtmpfix - manipulate connect accounting records SYNOPSIS
[files] DESCRIPTION
fwtmp reads from the standard input and writes to the standard output, converting binary records of the type found in to formatted ASCII records. The ASCII version is useful to enable editing, via ed(1), bad records or for general purpose maintenance of the file. The argument is used to denote that input is in ASCII form, and output is to be written in binary form. The arguments and are independent, respectively specifying ASCII input and binary output. Therefor, is an ASCII to ASCII copy and is a binary to binary copy. should be used for reading If is not used, structure is read. wtmpfix examines the standard input or named files in format, corrects the time/date stamps to make the entries consistent, and writes to the stan- dard output. A can be used in place of files to indicate the standard input. If time/date corrections are not performed, will fault when it encounters certain date-change records. Each time the date is set, a pair of date change records is written to The first record is the old date denoted by the string old time placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field of the structure. The second record specifies the new date, and is denoted by the string placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field. uses these records to synchronize all time stamps in the file. nullifies date change records when writing to the standard output by setting the time field of the structure in the old date change record equal to the time field in the new date change record. This prevents and from factoring in a date change record pair more than once. In addition to correcting time/date stamps, wtmpfix checks the validity of the name field to ensure that it consists solely of alphanumeric characters or spaces. If it encounters a name that is considered invalid, it changes the login name to and writes a diagnostic to the standard error. This minimizes the risk that will fail when processing connect accounting records. DIAGNOSTICS
wtmpfix generates the following diagnostics messages: WARNINGS
generates no errors, even on garbage input. FILES
SEE ALSO
ed(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4), wtmps(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
fwtmp(1M)