Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to validate Database password in ksh? Post 302592430 by saps19 on Monday 23rd of January 2012 11:00:16 PM
Old 01-24-2012
How to validate Database password in ksh?

Hi All,

I want to validate the Production Database password at the time of login through script. If incorrect password entererd by the user, the script will ask again for the password.

Below is the sample of my script...

Code:
#########################
# Unix Code Starts here #
#########################
##------ Pre-Database Connection Starts here ------##
echo 'Please Enter Database Password: '
stty -echo
read db_pass
stty echo

###############################
# Database connection started #
###############################
sqlplus -s user/$db_pass@prd3 <<ENDOFSQL
WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT 1
set serveroutput on size 1000000
set echo off
set feedback off
set heading off
set pages 0
set pagesize 1000
set linesize 300
spool $spool_file
 /* PL/SQL block starts from here */

How do I put a check here for database password?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password database

I am trying to locate a password database for use at work. I have looked at several open source packages but all that I have found are for a single user and we need to allow multiple user access with view restrictions. Does anyone know of a program that fits these requirements? Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
2 Replies

2. Programming

userpw.h AIX ( delete entry from the shadow password database )

HI i need to delete an entry in /etc/security/passwd. can't find a way to do it with userpw.h api ( AIX ). the passwd file i delete like this. Write all entrys to passwd file except the one we are removing. can't find any function that works like getspent / getpwent do in AIX userpw api.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nighter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample ksh script for copy the data from excel to database table ?

Hi All, I need to convert the data from excel to database table in sybase. Please provide some sample script.. thanks, Royal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royal9482
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing database password to isql command in shell script

Hi, I need to connect to DB through my shell script. but I dont want to hardcode my db password in the script. Is there a way to do it? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:54 PM ---------- :(Guys..please help me with this:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agrawal.prachi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database password appearing in script output

Hi there, This is my first post, so as you have probably guessed I am looking for some help. Currently we have close to 1000 ksh scripts operating on HPUX servers that call either isql or bcp to connect to Sybase databases. Problem being that the db passwords are appearing in the job log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdk_irl
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate xml agaist xsd is ksh

how do i validate xml agaist xsd is ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Launch a URL,validate username and password using wget or curl

Hi All, I want to launch "ex: http://gmail.com" from the cmd window and validate the credentials with username and password, is it possible? I have found something like this "wget --http-user=USER' --http-password=PASSWORD http://gmail.com" am new to this and unable to find a solution, i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Sample ksh script to validate all the database objects

Hi, I need a sample script to validate all the database objects like 1. table structure(columns, datatypes,key contraints if any) 2. synonyms 3. grants 4. indexes ....etc thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Setting config database user and password using sed

Hello everybody, I need to modify 200 files using a patern matching, I would like to do it with sed but it's not working with the following syntax: sed -e 's/DATABASE_PASSWORD.*oldpass/DATABASE_PASSWORD__', 'newpass/g' config.php need to find: define("__DATABASE_PASSWORD__", ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dco
6 Replies
bsqlodbc(1)							 FreeTDS Utilities						       bsqlodbc(1)

NAME
bsqlodbc - batch SQL script processor using ODBC SYNOPSIS
bsqlodbc [-U username] [-P password] [-S server] [-D database] [-i input_file] [-o output_file] [-e error_file] [-t field_term] [-qv] DESCRIPTION
bsqlodbc is a utility program distributed with FreeTDS. bsqlodbc is a non-interactive equivalent of the "isql" utility programs distributed by Sybase and Microsoft. Like them, bsqlodbc uses the command "go" on a line by itself as a separator between batches. The last batch need not be followed by "go". bsqlodbc makes use of the ODBC API provided by FreeTDS. This API is of course also available to application developers. OPTIONS
-U username Database server login name. -P password Database server password. -S server Database server to which to connect. -D database Database to use. -i input_file Name of script file, containing SQL. -o output_file Name of output file, holding result data. -e error_file Name of file for errors. -t field_term Specifies the field terminator. Default is two spaces (' '). Recognized escape sequences are tab (' '), carriage return (' '), newline (' '), and backslash ('\'). -h Print column headers with the data to the same file. -q Do not print column metadata, return status, or rowcount. Overrides -h. -v Verbose mode, for more information about the ODBC interaction. This also reports the result set metadata, including and return code. All verbose data are written to standard error (or -e), so as not to interfere with the data stream. NOTES
bsqlodbc is a filter; it reads from standard input, writes to standard output, and writes errors to standard error. The -i, -o, and -e options override these, of course. EXIT STATUS
bsqlodbc exits 0 on success, and >0 if the server cannot process the query. HISTORY
bsqlodbc first appeared in FreeTDS 0.65. AUTHORS
The bsqlodbc utility was written by James K. Lowden <jklowden@freetds.org> doc 13 November 2011 bsqlodbc(1)