Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming X11: convert a string into keysym Post 302592178 by martina on Monday 23rd of January 2012 06:07:57 AM
Old 01-23-2012
X11: convert a string into keysym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Code:
int key=XStringToKeysym(kbdEventsVect[0].c_str());

... I'm finally able to access the sendKBEvent() function, but the conversion function XStringToKeysym() just maps all my strings to zero.
I guess the problem is that the strings read from the config file
Code:
kbdEventsVect[0].c_str() = XK_Up
kbdEventsVect[1].c_str() = XK_Down
[..]

are not corectly mapped to the corresponding keysym code, as obtained from X11/keysymdef.h header file.
Is there a simple way to get the correct codes or shall I write a mapping class ?
Thank you for your help!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert string to numeric

Hi, I have read some figures from a text file by getting the position and wish to do some checking, but it seem like it won't work. eg. my figure is 0.68 it still go the the else statement, it seems like it treat it as a text instead of number. Anybody can Help ? Thanks. # only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kflee2000
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a string to int

Hi, i want to read a text file whose content(single line) will be a number like 1 or 2 or 3 ..... what i want to do is to read the file and increment the content of the file, using unix scripting. Regards, Senthil Kumar Siddhan. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilk615
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert array into the string

Hi I have a line/string as follows: A=" 3498 NORDEA - INDX LINKED NORY" which was converted into an array of characters: p321$ echo "${ARR}" 3 4 9 8 N O R D E A - I N D X L I N K E D N O R Y When I am trying print this array there are blank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with convert string

Hi. I will be very appreciated for help. I need replace all characters into string with \ (backslash) I mean if I have word abcdefg as input. How I can convert it to \a\b\c\d\e\f\g Thanks and best regards. Staas. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert string using sed

I have a couple structure definitions in my input code. For example: struct node { int val; struct node *next; }; or typedef struct { int numer; int denom; } Rational; I used the following line to convert them into one line and copy it twice. sed '/struct*{/{:l... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Denton
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a String to a Number

I read in two numbers from a user but the number is a string. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter first number: " num1 read -p "Enter second number: " num2 I know you can use the the "expr" or "bc" command to automatically convert the string to a number then add them together. But I don't want to add... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
10 Replies
XKeysymToString(3X)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					       XKeysymToString(3X)

NAME
XKeysymToString - convert keysyms SYNTAX
char *XKeysymToString(keysym) KeySym keysym; ARGUMENTS
keysym Specifies the KeySym that is to be searched for or converted. DESCRIPTION
Standard KeySym names are obtained from <X11/keysymdef.h> by removing the XK_ prefix from each name. KeySyms that are not part of the Xlib standard also may be obtained with this function. The set of KeySyms that are available in this manner and the mechanisms by which Xlib obtains them is implementation dependent. If the KeySym name is not in the Host Portable Character Encoding, the result is implementation dependent. If the specified string does not match a valid KeySym, XStringToKeysym returns NoSymbol. To convert a KeySym code to the name of teh KeySym, use XStringToKeysym. The returned string is in a static area and must not be modified. The returned string is in the Host Portable Character Encoding. If the specified KeySym is not defined, XKeysymToString returns a NULL. SEE ALSO
XStringToKeysym(3X), XKeycodeToKeysym(3X), XKeysymToKeycode(3X), XConvertCase(3X) X Version 11 Release 6 XKeysymToString(3X)