Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to parse the properties file Post 302592160 by neutronscott on Monday 23rd of January 2012 03:11:23 AM
Old 01-23-2012
It looks like you are using bash. bash4 has associative arrays, bash3 does not. the bash3 method would save order. here example:

Code:
declare -A array
declare -a keys=()
declare -a vals=()
while IFS='=' read -r key val; do
        [[ $key = '#'* ]] && continue
        array["$key"]="$val"            #bash4
        keys+=("$key"); vals+=("$val")  #bash3
done < "input"

echo "Number of entries: ${#keys[@]} or ${#array[@]}"

# two separate array [bash3]
for ((i = 0; i < ${#keys[@]}; i++)); do
        printf '[%s]=[%s]\n' "${keys[i]}" "${vals[i]}"
done

# associative array [bash4]
for key in "${!array[@]}"; do
        printf '[%s]=[%s]\n' "$key" "${array[$key]}"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do properties effect script?

Hi, I have noticed that rm -if will perform completely different to rm -fi. Whats the pattern of how I put my options to the script in relation to how it will act. i.e rm -fi treat the remove as interative but rm -if treats it as forced Thansk, Chris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chiefos
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File properties

Hi , I do have a line in my code as follows: if ] ; then ... else ... fi What does the -z does ? Similarly there is -s in some other part of the code. I guess there are many options like this.. Can anybody please tell what all options are available and what do they mean ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!!! Shell script to parse data file.

I am faced with a :confused: tricky problem to parse a data file ( May not be a tricky problem to the scripting guru's ). Here is what I am faced with. I have a file with multiple rows of data and the rows are not of fixed length. "|" is used as a delimiters for individual columns and each row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to parse html file

hi all, i have a html file something similar to this. <tr class="evenrow"> <td class="data">added</td><td class="data">xyz@abc.com</td> <td class="data">filename.sql</td><td class="modifications-data">08/25/2009 07:58:40</td><td class="data">Added TK prof script</td> </tr> <tr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the Properties File From Shell script

Hi, I am new to the shell script please I need help for following question. I have properties file name called "com.test.properties" I have No of key values in this properties. com.person.name = xyz com.person.age = 55 com.person.address = hello I want read this properties but i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venukjs
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to parse a file faster

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2 op=-1 msgId=-1 -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to parse csv file with shell script

Hello ! I am very aware that this is not the first time this question is asked here, because I have already read a lot of previous answers, but none of them worked, so... As said in the title, I want to read a csv file with a bash script. Here is a sample of the file: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grhyll
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to parse bookmarks file

I am using Internet Explorer v10 at work and regularly need to import my personal Firefox bookmarks over. Long story short, I have found the import falling over on any bookmark elements which are over 256 characters. The bookmark file contains bookmarks of this format: <DT><A... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozgadgetguy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script parse file Linux

Hi all, I need help for a script that pulls out a series of numbers from a file (attached file) Basically I need a parse to write me in a variable: 9d424312 Can someone help me? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gianvitolinuxs
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Script parse file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi all, I need help for a script that pulls out a series of numbers from a file (attached file) Basically I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gianvitolinuxs
1 Replies
nsd-checkconf(8)						    nsd 3.2.12							  nsd-checkconf(8)

NAME
nsd-checkconf - NSD configuration file checker. SYNOPSIS
nsd-checkconf [-v] [-h] [-o option] [-z zonename] [-s keyname] configfile DESCRIPTION
nsd-checkconf reads a configuration file. It prints parse errors to standard error, and performs additional checks on the contents. The configfile format is described in nsd.conf(5). The utility of this program is to check a config file for errors before using it in nsd(8) or zonec(8). This program can also be used for shell scripts to access the nsd config file, using the -o and -z options. OPTIONS
-v After reading print the options to standard output in configfile format. Without this option, only success or parse errors are reported. -h Print usage help information and exit. -o option Return only this option from the config file. This option can to be used in conjunction with the -z option. The special value zones prints out a list of configured zones. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the config file from the shell. If the -z option is given, but the -o option is not given, nothing is printed. -s keyname Prints the key secret (base64 blob) configured for this key in the config file. Used to help shell scripts parse the config file. -z zonename Return the option specified with -o for zone 'zonename'. If this option is not given, the server section of the config file is used. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the con- fig file from the shell. The -o, -s and -z option print configfile options to standard output. FILES
/etc/nsd3/nsd.conf default NSD configuration file SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), nsd-xfer(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-checkconf(8)