Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris TZ variable not exported when running from cron Post 302591815 by jlliagre on Friday 20th of January 2012 05:26:40 PM
Old 01-20-2012
That would affect subsequent lines until TZ is set to another value.

TZ, SHELL and HOME are the environment variables that can be set this way.

However, I just noticed I overlook this is about Solaris 8 with which I'm afraid this syntax wasn't yet supported ...

Edit: I confirm this syntax is only supported by SunOS 5.11 based OSes (OpenSolaris, Solaris 11). Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by jlliagre; 01-20-2012 at 06:32 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between a shell variable that is exported and the one that is

What is the difference between a shell variable that is exported and the one that is not exported? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JosephGerard
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables are not getting exported while running the script in cronjob

Hi All Some how, variables are not getting exported while running the script in cronjob. Variable value is coming blank. But the variables are geting the value when the same script I am running manually. Any idea why? When running the script in cron-job ==================================... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron not running

Hello All, I have installed a few crons on a machine. But for some reason the crons just don't run. I have checked the permissions on the files and also restarted the cron daemon. But it doesn't seem ti help. Can anyone suggest any other things I can do to get it running again? Regards,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing variable which are exported with export

Greeting to all of you! I've small issue related to the variable which we are setting and exporting through scripts, in one of the script there are some variable used but I am not abel to get the detail as where they are set. I tried finding the detail with the help of env but no luck. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using the exported variable after su

Dear All,How can use a variable which I have exported when I am logged into one user to be used once I su to another user.something like 1.Login to Unix box as user12. export var1="TEST"3. su - user24. User the var1 value ( it should return TEST)I have checked just export does not work. any other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not displaying while running in cron job

hi , While running my script individually the variable is working fine. But when i am running the same script from cron job it's displaying nothing. Can any one comment on this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephroyal
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store a column from an excel sheet (exported to txt) into a variable

I typically pull a bunch of data via SQL that lists a bunch of users and the server on which they want to access, as well as other attributes, in one row of an excel sheet and the number of rows is directly proportionate to the number of users. I'm trying to write a loop to read each line of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of exported variable

i have to use the exported variable from one script into another script ex : A.ksh # !/bin/ksh chk1=56 export chk1 B.ksh # !/bin/ksh echo $chk1 i have executed the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris: ldd doesn't find libraries in exported environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I have given the relevant details below. Why are the libraries in /export/home/builds/pc9x_root/960/build/powrmart/pmbuild/bin/SunOS.64.r are invisible to ldd? %setenv ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
3 Replies
ospm-pm(1)							   User Commands							ospm-pm(1)

NAME
ospm-pm - OpenSolaris Print Manager SYNOPSIS
ospm-pm [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The OpenSolaris Print Manager application enables you to control and manage print queues and print jobs. Currently, it supports on Solaris LP print system. You can use OpenSolaris Print Manager to perform the following tasks: o Create printer groups from a static list or based on some attributes of the printers o View print jobs on each printer, and remove print jobs that are queued o Add new printer queues manually o Integrate Print queues which were Auto-detected or auto-discovered into its GUI The tool can be invoked from the command line, but it is typically invoked from the desktop menu. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more infor- mation. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching OpenSolaris Print Manager. example% ospm-pm EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/ospm-pm The executable file for OpenSolaris Print Manager application. $HOME/.ospm-printer-groups.xml Configuration file for printer groups. $HOME/.printers It supports printer(4) when user saves queues into the Favourites printer group. ATTRIBUTES
+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWprint-monitor | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gconf-editor(1), gconftool-2(1), ospm-preferences(1), libgconf-2(3), printer(4), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Evan Yan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 07 Aug 2008 ospm-pm(1)