Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mount ufs in ZFS system
Operating Systems Solaris Mount ufs in ZFS system Post 302591685 by deljatt on Friday 20th of January 2012 10:43:00 AM
Old 01-20-2012
Yes..entry is their but when we reboot mount point is not available.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

ZFS / UFS / Soft Updates / GJurnal / Bonnie Performance

I have done some tests with UFS/ZFS under bonnie benchmark. here are the results if you are interested. software: OS: FreeBSD 7-CURRENT 200708 snapshot benchmark: bonnie -s 2048 CFLAGS: -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -s CPUTYPE: athlon-mp scheduler: ULE hardware: CPU: (single) Athlon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vermaden
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Can you migrate UFS to ZFS ?

I have some UFS volumes (non root), that I would like to change into ZFS volumes. Is this possible ? I think the only method is to create a new zfs volume and copy the data accoss, this would take a long time for us. Is there a quicker way ? Regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjones
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing ZFS on an existing Solaris 10 install (UFS)

Hello, I am new to Solaris so i apologize upfront if my questions seem trivial. I am trying to install a ZFS file system on a Solaris 10 machine with UFS already installed on it. I want to run: # zpool create pool_zfs c0t0d0 then: # zfs create pool_zfs/fs My question is more to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Allocating space to ufs /usr by using ZFS in solaris

Hi, Im currently having my diskspace allocation of my UFS filesystem in solris as 100% for /usr directory.I have created a zfs pool of 3 gb.I want to allocate space from my zfs pool to /usr so that i can free space in /usr.Please help me it is quiet urgent. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Broken system disk - mount a zfs backup fs

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine. I have made a script which would take snapshots of all the rpool filesystems every day and send them to a (local) hard drive. There is a zpool on that drive called backup. Now in case of a system failure, I will act according to a manual on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies
HALT(8) 							       halt								   HALT(8)

NAME
halt, poweroff, reboot - Halt, power-off or reboot the machine SYNOPSIS
halt [OPTIONS...] poweroff [OPTIONS...] reboot [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
halt, poweroff, reboot may be used to halt, power-off or reboot the machine. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --help Prints a short help text and exits. --halt Halt the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -p, --poweroff Power-off the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. --reboot Reboot the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -f, --force Force immediate halt, power-off, reboot. Do not contact the init system. -w, --wtmp-only Only write wtmp shutdown entry, do not actually halt, power-off, reboot. -d, --no-wtmp Do not write wtmp shutdown entry. --no-wall Do not send wall message before halt, power-off, reboot. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. NOTES
These are legacy commands available for compatibility only. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), shutdown(8), wall(1) systemd 208 HALT(8)