Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: importing a Physical Volume
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers importing a Physical Volume Post 302591610 by vbe on Friday 20th of January 2012 04:36:25 AM
Old 01-20-2012
Normally you would export the vg and create a vgexport file ( -f option) and create a map file that you copy onto the new server in order to use
Code:
 vgimport -m mapfile  -f infile vg_name pv_path

and find all as before...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical volume and physical disk.

Hello, I need explanations about physical disks and physical volumes. What is the difference between these 2 things? In fact, i am trying to understand what the AIX lspv2command does. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Physical volume- no free physical partitions

I was in smit, checking on disc space, etc. and it appears that one of our physical volumes that is part of a large volume group, has no free physical partitions. The server is running AIX 5.1. What would be the advisable step to take in this instance? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
9 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Volume Manager; importing a disk

System: Alpha with Tru64 5.1b Disk under LSM (Logical Storage Manager; essentially v2 of Veritas VxVM) control was generating disk errors. The disk was timing out a lot and generating a few disk errors. DBAs couldn't keep the oracle instance up on that node of the cluster. I contacted HP and got... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BOFH
1 Replies

4. AIX

Basic Filesystem / Physical Volume / Logical Volume Check

Hi! Can anyone help me on how I can do a basic check on the Unix filesystems / physical volumes and logical volumes? What items should I check, like where do I look at in smit? Or are there commands that I should execute? I need to do this as I was informed by IBM that there seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to devide existing physical volume

hi guys, i`m trying to take 40GB of my sda5 (/home mounted) to create new volume group(lvc) here`s the df output: /dev/sda2 7,9G 3,3G 4,3G 44% / udevfs 5,0M 60K 5,0M 2% /dev shmfs 379M 0 379M 0% /dev/shm tmpfs 379M ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neverhood
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to determine the physical volume fo the disks

This is the report I got running the comand rptconf, but I would like to know what is the capacity of the disks installed into our server power 6 with AIX System Model: IBM,7778-23X Machine Serial Number: 1066D5A Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER6 Processor Implementation Mode: POWER 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cucosss
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

8. AIX

Position of the logical volume on the physical volume

Hello everyone, I just read that while creating a logical volume(LV) we can choose the region of the physical volume (PV) in which the LV should be created. When I say region I mean: outer edge - outer middle - center - inner middle and inner edge. Can anyone help me understand the utility... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
11 Replies

9. Red Hat

Physical Volume Create Conundrum

I want to start by saying I already resolved my issue but I want to understand why I am seeing what I am seeing. I have a server with a RAID controller two 500GB drives and six 600GB drives. The two 500GB drives are mirrored and have the OS installed on them. The six 600GB they wanted set as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
4 Replies

10. Linux

Logical Volume to physical disk mapping

When installing Linux, I choose some default setting to use all the disk space. My server has a single internal 250Gb SCSI disk. By default the install appears to have created 3 logical volumes lv_root, lv_home and lv_swap. fdisk -l shows the following lab3.nms:/dev>fdisk -l Disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies
GRID-MAPFILE-ADD-(8)						  Globus Commands					      GRID-MAPFILE-ADD-(8)

NAME
grid-mapfile-add-entry - Add an entry to a gridmap file SYNOPSIS
grid-mapfile-add-entry [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] grid-mapfile-add-entry {-dn DISTINGUISHED-NAME} {-ln LOCAL-NAME...} [[-d] | [-dryrun]] [[-mapfile MAPFILE] | [-f MAPFILE]] DESCRIPTION
The grid-mapfile-add-entry program adds a new mapping from an X.509 distinguished name to a local POSIX user name to a gridmap file. Gridmap files are used as a simple authorization method for services such as GRAM5 or GridFTP. The grid-mapfile-add-entry program verifies that the LOCAL-NAME is a valid user name on the system on which it was run, and that the mapping between DISTINGUISHED-NAME and LOCAL-NAME does not already exist in the gridmap file. By default, grid-mapfile-add-entry will modify the gridmap file named by the GRIDMAP environment variable if present, or the file /etc/grid-security/grid-mapfile if not. This can be changed by the use of the -mapfile or -f command-line options. If the gridmap file does not exist, grid-mapfile-add-entry will create it. If it already exists, grid-mapfile-add-entry will save the current contents of the file to a new file with the string .old appended to the file name. The full set of command-line options to grid-mapfile-add-entry are: -help, -usage Display the command-line options to grid-mapfile-add-entry. -version, -versions Display the version number of the grid-mapfile-add-entry command. The second form includes more details. -dn DISTINGUISHED-NAME The X.509 distinguished name to add a mapping for. The name should be in OpenSSL's oneline format. -ln LOCAL-NAME... The POSIX user name to map the distinguished name to. This name must be a valid username. Add multiple LOCAL-NAME strings after the -ln command-line option. If any of the local names are invalid, no changes will be made to the gridmap file. Note that if multiple occurances of the -ln command-line option are present, only the the last one will be added. -d, -dryrun Verify local names and display diagnostics about what would be added to the gridmap file, but don't actually modify the file. -mapfile MAPFILE, -f MAPFILE Modify the gridmap file named by MAPFILE instead of the default. EXAMPLES
Add a mapping between the current user's certificate to the current user id to a gridmap file in $HOME/.gridmap: % grid-mapfile-add-entry -f $HOME/.gridmap -dn "`grid-cert-info -subject`" -ln "`id -un`" Modifying /home/juser/.gridmap ... /home/juser/.gridmap does not exist... Attempting to create /home/juser/.gridmap New entry: "/DC=org/DC=example/DC=grid/CN=Joe User" juser (1) entry added Add a mapping between the a distinguished name and multiple local names: % grid-mapfile-add-entry -dn "/DC=org/DC=example/DC=grid/CN=Joe User" juser" local1 local2 Modifying /home/juser/.gridmap ... /home/juser/.gridmap does not exist... Attempting to create /home/juser/.gridmap New entry: "/DC=org/DC=example/DC=grid/CN=Joe User" local1,local2 (1) entry added ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of grid-mapfile-add-entry: GRIDMAP Path to the default gridmap to modify. FILES
The following files affect the execution of grid-mapfile-add-entry: /etc/grid-security/grid-mapfile Path to the default gridmap to modify if GRIDMAP environment variable is not set. SEE ALSO
grid-mapfile-check-consistency(8), grid-mapfile-delete-entry(8) AUTHOR
University of Chicago Globus Toolkit 5.0.1 03/19/2010 GRID-MAPFILE-ADD-(8)