Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to search in ms word files and pdf's Post 302591558 by 03sep2011 on Thursday 19th of January 2012 11:38:07 PM
Old 01-20-2012
You could possibly convert it to text and try grep

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search for certain word in a files from directory

hi can i know how to get the file name of any files containing for example "abc" from a number of files in a directory? i tried "ls -ltrc | grep abc" but no resulted generated. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search files containing a specific word in the content

Hi all, Lets say I have 3 files a.txt and b.txt and c.txt. a.txt has the following text ==================== apple is good for health b.txt has the following text ==================== apple is pomme in french c.txt has the following text ==================== orange has citric acid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amjath78
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

convert pdf's to word

Does anyone know any good tools to convert a pdf to word, I can usually cut & paste without a hitch but I have a pdf that doesn't like that and surrounds text with lines as though a table or prints tables in miniscule text. It's only one pdf file so I'm reluctant to buy a product. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to create PDF documents from my word files?

Hi guys, I need to create PDF documents from my word files. How do I do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hilda Thompson
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search entire system for files containing certain word(s)

I am trying to create a script that will report (email and ftp results) on any file, system wide, that has the word password= in it. (and any variation of password=). Basicaly looking for any plain text passwds. I figured the easiest way would be like this...... for i in `cat find-pw.dat` do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theninja
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to search for a word in multiple files

Hi, I want to find for a particular word which is existing in different files and folders under the parent directory. What command can I use to retrieve all the file names which is having the word. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. Programming

Is it possible to change search inside .pdf or .doc files?

the titele was wrong ... the true one is: Is it possible to search words inside .pdf or .doc files? is it possible if i changed the word into binary combination:eek:? and this way is super too hyper huge of greatest codes i ever seen:D to read only 1 word so is there any other ways:confused:? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies
open_jtalk(1)						      General Commands Manual						     open_jtalk(1)

NAME
open_jtalk -- Japanese TTS system SYNOPSIS
open_jtalk [options] [infile] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the open_jtalk command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has docu- mentation in the GNU Info format; see below. open_jtalk is a program that synthesize speech waveform from Japanese texts. It uses HMMs trained by the HMM-based speech synthesis system (HTS). OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -x dir dictionary directory -td tree decision tree files for state duration -tm tree Show version of program. -tf tree decision tree files for Log F0 -tl tree decision tree files for low-pass filter -md pdf model files for state duration -mm pdf model files for spectrum -mf pdf model files for Log F0 -ml pdf model files for low-pass filter -dm win window files for calculation delta of spectrum -df win window files for calculation delta of Log F0 -dl win window files for calculation delta of low-pass filter -ow s filename of output wav audio (generated speech) -ot s filename of output trace information -s i sampling frequency [16000][1--48000] -p i frame period (point) [80][1--] -a f all-pass constant [0.42][0.0--1.0] -g i gamma = -1 / i (if i=0 then gamma=0) [0][0--] -b f postfiltering coefficient [0.0][-0.8--8.0] -l regard input as log gain and output linear one (LSP) -u f voiced/unvoiced threshold[0.5][0.0--1.0] -em tree decision tree files for GV of spectrum -ef tree decision tree files for GV of Log F0 -el tree decision tree files for GV of low-pass filter -cm pdf filenames of GV for spectrum -cf pdf filenames of GV for Log F0 -cl pdf filenames of GV for low-pass filter -jm f weight of GV for spectrum [1.0][0.0--2.0] -jf f weight of GV for Log F0 [1.0][0.0--2.0] -jl f weight of GV for low-pass filter [1.0][0.0--2.0] -k tree GV switch -z i audio buffer size [1600][0--48000] infile text file option '-d' may be repeated to use multiple delta parameters. generated spectrum, log F0, and low-pass filter coefficient sequences are saved in natural endian, binary (float) format. EXAMPLE
If you installed hts-voice-nitech-jp-atr503-m001 in the current directory, the following command let you make a voice file from input.txt: % open_jtalk -s 48000 -p 240 -a 0.55 -td tree-dur.inf -tm tree-mgc.inf -tf tree-lf0.inf -tl tree-lpf.inf -md dur.pdf -mm mgc.pdf -mf lf0.pdf -ml lpf.pdf -dm mgc.win1 -dm mgc.win2 -dm mgc.win3 -df lf0.win1 -df lf0.win2 -df lf0.win3 -dl lpf.win1 -em tree-gv-mgc.inf -ef tree-gv-lf0.inf -cm gv-mgc.pdf -cf gv-lf0.pdf -k gv-switch.inf -ow output.wav -x dic_dir input.txt AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Koichi Akabe vbkaisetsu@gmail.com for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. open_jtalk(1)