Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pointer problem
Top Forums Programming pointer problem Post 302591511 by nishrestha on Thursday 19th of January 2012 04:57:19 PM
Old 01-19-2012
wierddddd :O

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with function which reutrns pointer to a value

i have a function: char *pcCityIdToCountryName(ADMIN_DB_DATA *pstHEader, unit uiCityID) this returns a pointer to CountryName if cityId is given. to retrieve countryname i give: char *CountryName; CountryName = pcCityIdToCountryName(..................); but when i compile it is giving :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
5 Replies

2. Programming

pointer

void main() { int a={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}; int *p=a; int *q=&a; cout<<q-p+1<<endl; } The output is 10, how? if we give cout<<q it will print the address, value won't print.... if we give cout<<p it will print the address, value won't print.... p has the base addr; q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

3. Programming

why we never delete a pointer twice

can u tell me the reson that why we should not delete a pointer twice.? if we delete ponter twice then what happen and why this happen Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

4. Programming

pointer problem

could any one tell why the following is showing segmentation fault while using **ptr but working fine using **a #include<stdio.h> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

5. Programming

far pointer

what is far pointer in C (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

6. Programming

String and pointer problem

i am having a string like " X1 " ---> string lenght is 30 I have stored this to a chararry . ref so here ref = " X1 " now i trim the left space by my function . Si the string now becomes "X1 " ---> string lenght is 15... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

7. Programming

Need help in character pointer

Hi, I am trying to divide my input to different type of out puts for some other use. ex: logical_name : jkl00001 expected out put : model=jkl and num=00001 here is the code i actually written /*******************************************************************/ void... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
11 Replies

8. Programming

pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer?

If one wants to get a start address of a array or a string or a block of memory via a function, there are at least two methods to achieve it: (1) one is to pass a pointer-to-pointer parameter, like: int my_malloc(int size, char **pmem) { *pmem=(char *)malloc(size); if(*pmem==NULL)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
11 Replies

9. Programming

unidirectional linked list pointer problem

I am trying to test some operations on a directed list. However, the declaration of a pointer is giving me trouble. I seem to have done something incorrectly because I get an error: "listtest.c:29: warning: 'p' may be used uninitialized in this function" Can anyone help? This is my code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluetxxth
6 Replies

10. Programming

Scanf() string pointer problem

I have a problem with scanf() for string pointer as member of a struct. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> struct Student { int studentNumber; int phoneNumber; char *studentName; //line 7 // char studentName; //line 8 }; int... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
10 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)