Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help with mapping two tables and filling the null values Post 302591491 by megha2525 on Thursday 19th of January 2012 03:53:39 PM
Old 01-19-2012
Thank you so much durden_tyler.
But I forgot to mention something. Apologise for not mentioning it before.
table1 that I referred to in my example is not a table. Its a cursor .I am getting data into this cursor from a join of other tables .
Also , the rep_id this cursor is not always null. Only when there are null values for this rep_id in the cursor , thats when we need to fetch the rep_id from table2 .

the main columns in the cursor are main_id , item_id, dept_id .
The primary key is set on main_id and item_id on the table from where I pull the data into the cursor.

All that i am trying to do is to spool the data from the cursor.
So, when the rep_id is null in this cursor thats when we need to get the data from table2 based on the condition .(like first character of admin_last name is in a specific range ) .

Please help to resolve this issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Xlib - Mapping Pixel Values to RGB Colors

Hi everyone... I'm working with XLib and I want to find out the pixel value of a particular point on screen and then map it to RGB values. I used XGetImage and XGetPixel to get the pixel value, but how do I get the RGB values of the pixel? I went through a few XLib manuals, there seems to be no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thebin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] mapping of values from file line into variables

Hello, I've been struggling with this for some time but can't find a way to do it and I haven't found any other similar thread. I'd like to get the 'fields' in a line from a file into variables in just one command. The file contains data with the next structure:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaler
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Compare Null values??

Hi, Can someone help me comparing Null values. Scenario is as follows: I have a variable which "cache_prd" which can have either some integer or nothing(Null) if it is integer I have to again do some comparision but these comparisons give me this error:( "line 32: [: 95: unary operator... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagami
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting null values

Hi I have a file with the values abc res set kls lmn ops i want to sort this file with the null values at the bottom of the file OUTPUT should look like this abc kls lmn ops (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickyhere
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mapping of values in shell scripting

sample content of file1: SSTY1 2145228348 652011011715140100000002419005432092074 008801726143662 VDZX01 MIO2 008801726143662 SSRTY 2145228349 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut from tables based on column values

Hello, I have a tab-delimited table that may contain 11,12 or 13 columns. Depending on the number of columns, I want to cut and get a sub table as shown below. However, the awk commands in the code seem to be an issue. What should I be doing differently? #cut columns 1-2,4-5,11 when 12 &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies

7. Programming

Filling the class from values taken from user input

I have a program that accepts user input. For example I have mdacc that the user sets the value. I then have a class which stores the value set by the user. I use set_param to set the values in the class. I pass through it the list of user defines arguments from argv. What would be the opinion on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sort with null values?

Hello everyone I am doing a join command. Obviously, before I need two files sorted first. ( Both files have headers and have about 2 million lines each one ) The problem is, one of the files has null values in the key to sort (which is the first filed ). For example I have the original... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging two text files by a column and filling in the missing values

Hi, I have to text files that I want to merge by the first column. The values in the first column pretty much match for the first part. However there are some values that are present in column 1 and not present in column 2 or vice versa. For such values I would like to substitute X for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mapping the values of ids of two columns of file1 from file2

I have of two space separated files: ==> File1 <== PT|np_496075.1 st|K92748.1 st|K89648.1 PT|np_001300561.1 PT|np_497284.1 st|K90752.1 st|K90279.1 PT|np_740775.1 PT|np_497749.1 st|K90752.1 st|K92038.1 PT|np_490856.1 PT|np_497284.1 st|K90752.1 st|K88095.1 PT|np_494764.1 ==> File 2 <==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
2 Replies
set_ucodepage(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    set_ucodepage(3alleg4)

NAME
set_ucodepage - Sets 8-bit to Unicode conversion tables. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void set_ucodepage(const unsigned short *table, const unsigned short *extras); DESCRIPTION
When you select the U_ASCII_CP encoding mode, a set of tables are used to convert between 8-bit characters and their Unicode equivalents. You can use this function to specify a custom set of mapping tables, which allows you to support different 8-bit codepages. The `table' parameter points to an array of 256 shorts, which contain the Unicode value for each character in your codepage. The `extras' parameter, if not NULL, points to a list of mapping pairs, which will be used when reducing Unicode data to your codepage. Each pair con- sists of a Unicode value, followed by the way it should be represented in your codepage. The list is terminated by a zero Unicode value. This allows you to create a many->one mapping, where many different Unicode characters can be represented by a single codepage value (eg. for reducing accented vowels to 7-bit ASCII). Allegro will use the `table' parameter when it needs to convert an ASCII string to an Unicode string. But when Allegro converts an Unicode string to ASCII, it will use both parameters. First, it will loop through the `table' parameter looking for an index position pointing at the Unicode value it is trying to convert (ie. the `table' parameter is also used for reverse matching). If that fails, the `extras' list is used. If that fails too, Allegro will put the character `^', giving up the conversion. Note that Allegro comes with a default `table' and `extras' parameters set internally. The default `table' will convert 8-bit characters to `^'. The default `extras' list reduces Latin-1 and Extended-A characters to 7 bits in a sensible way (eg. an accented vowel will be reduced to the same vowel without the accent). SEE ALSO
set_uformat(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 set_ucodepage(3alleg4)