Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Splitting eth0 traffic into two virtual interface Post 302591485 by nicandro on Thursday 19th of January 2012 03:33:12 PM
Old 01-19-2012
Splitting eth0 traffic into two virtual interface

Hello everybody,
I have been reading many posts about this topic but I have no figure out how to solve it.

I need to split the traffic incoming on eth0 on two other interfaces (for instance one receiving on port 80 and the others on the other interface).

I cannot understand how to do that. I created bridge but it cannot receive traffic..
I know about ip route 2 but I need to give a interface name to a software of monitoring.. so I cannot just create childs..

How can I do?

Thanks a lot for your help
I would appreciate
Nick

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX - how to create virtual interface

OS - HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/777 Anyone know how to set up a virtual interface on HP-UX? I've looked quickly through docs.hp.com and searched this site. No luck. And my HP Guru is sleeping today. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehoghunter
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Adding virtual Interface on HP UX

Hello all, I want to add a new virtual interface on HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 box. I know that ifconfig can be used to add the Virtual interface. BUt i do not know the exact syntax. it some times gives plumb error if i try to add # ifconfig vif0 10.1.10.1 up plumb error: No such file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

virtual interface

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

controlling traffic source from NIC eth0, eth1 in Linux

Hi Guys, is there a way to send traffic coming from the source iface (eth0, eth1)? i need to test traffic that will come from both eth0 and eth1 from a Linux box. Thanks, Martin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdap
0 Replies

5. AIX

Virtual interface on AIX

Hi, I am totally new to AIX. I would like to know how to create virtual interface on AIX machine. Thanks, Pooja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooja84k
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

Socket and interface (eth0, eth 1)relationship

hi, Could some one answer this please we have a program with client socket declared which connect to a server for the above program description we wont send an interface information ... let us suppose, I have two interfaces (eth0 , eth1) which are assigned some ip, which interface the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

7. Linux

bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink

Hi all, OS: fedora release 10 when i try to restart network service, ending up with following errors. There are two interfaces eth0 and eth1 bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink answers file exists error adding <IP Address here> to eth0 bringing up interface eth0 rtnetlink answers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Traffic routing through wrong interface

Solaris-9 server is having one primary IP 10.41.161.14 on qfe0 and 10.41.116.0 on qfe3:1. Traffic is going through virtual interface instead of physical interface. How should I force traffic to go with primary interface. root@smtsrvn01:/# netstat -nr Routing Table: IPv4 Destination ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"

Server is stuck at "Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"" after i hard reset the server I have IPMI access, please help me diagnose the cause if you can :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
0 Replies
PARPROUTED(8)						     Proxy ARP Bridging Daemon						     PARPROUTED(8)

NAME
parprouted - Proxy ARP IP bridging daemon SYNOPSIS
parprouted [-d] [-p] interface [interface] DESCRIPTION
parprouted is a daemon for transparent IP (Layer 3) proxy ARP bridging. Unlike standard bridging, proxy ARP bridging allows to bridge Eth- ernet networks behind wireless nodes. Normal L2 bridging does not work between wireless nodes because wireless does not know about MAC addresses used in the wired Ethernet networks. Also this daemon is useful for making transparent firewalls. The daemon listens for incoming ARP requests, and in case the location of the requested IP address is unknown, forwards them to other interfaces, as well as updates kernel ARP table with the received replies. When necessary, the daemon generates an ARP reply itself, which causes the stations to send traffic to the host daemon is running on. By automatically adding appropriate /32 routes to Linux kernel IP routing table for the hosts learned via ARP, daemon ensures that the Linux kernel will be able to route the packets to the destination host when it receives them without any need routing/subnetting manually. All routes entered by the daemon have a metric of 50. Unless you use -p switch, all entries in the ARP table will be refreshed (rechecked by sending ARP requests) every 50 seconds. This keeps them from being expired by kernel. Normally it takes about 60 ms for a bridge to update all its tables and start sending packets to the destination. REQUIREMENTS
This daemon can be used for unicast traffic only. I.e., DHCP is not supported. Use software such as dhcrelay to "bridge" DHCP. You should have an IP address assigned on all of your interfaces that you do bridging on. There is no need for this address to be from the same networks as the bridged networks. Any dummy address will do. The system should have correct default route. parprouted requires "ip" program from iproute2 tools to be installed in /sbin. If it is installed in another location, please replace "/sbin/ip" occurances in the source with the correct path. As well you should have proc filesystem mounted in /proc because the daemon uses /proc/net/arp. parprouted is designed for and tested only with Linux 2.4.x kernels. OPTIONS
The list of interfaces to do bridging on should be given via the command line. The daemon accepts the following switches: -d, which stands for debugging. If you run it in debugging mode the daemon will not go to background and will print additional debugging information to stdout/stderr. -p, which makes all ARP entries to be permanent. This will also result in that ARP tables will not be refreshed by ARP pings. EXAMPLE
To bridge between wlan0 and eth0: parprouted eth0 wlan0 AUTHOR
(C) 2004, Vladimir Ivaschenko <vi@maks.net> http://www.hazard.maks.net parprouted January 2004 PARPROUTED(8)