Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Samba server with notification emails Post 302591131 by binary-ninja on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 03:19:18 PM
Old 01-18-2012
Samba server with notification emails

I'm creating a ubuntu samba server that sends out email notifications when a file a new file is created in the monitored directory.

Currently im using inotifywait to monitor a directory and send out a email notification. Inotify wait works great but it gets triggered whenever any file including temp files are created. Is it possible either with inotifywait or another tool to only trigger if the created file has a .doc or docx extension.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Notification if server unreachable?

Is it possible for a group of servers to monitor each other and then send an alert if one of them is no longer 'alive'? Or if its easier have one server that monitors the other five and then sends an alert. If so how would this be done? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Outgoing Emails from Unix Server

the server i have here is a Ubuntu server. it has nagios on it. after setting up nagios and having it work as it should, i realized at the very end of all my work that obviously nagios will also need to send out email alerts to a set of email addresses that it has in its database. my problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Extract all emails from my server

My linux version is: Linux version 2.6.9-89.0.9.ELsmp (gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-11)) My problem is simple (lol) I need find and extract all e-mail from my server. I know how to extract the e-mail from a text file, the problem is: Where to find the e-mails? How to find all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mauricio_yan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I configure Linux server to be able to send emails internally?

Hi The script: #!/bin/sh #set -x # set admin email so that you can get email ADMIN="myemailaddress" # set alert level ALERT=4 df -HP | grep -vE '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print $5 " " $1 }' | while read output; do #echo $output usep=$(echo $output | awk '{ print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Routing Emails, Sun One Messaging Server

Hello, i have Sun one Messaging Server 6.3 Up and running, i want to route emails that are destined to a certain email address, let's say test@mydomain.com through the tcp_local channel for example, to another email, and not allowing test@mydomain.com to receive them. So in short, i want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemonshare
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to check the number of emails sent out from the Solaris server

Our solaris are configured to send out email and i would like to know the number of emails sent out from the solaris server. Anyone know can this be done? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sirius20d
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Any way we can create an SMTP server and use any scripting language to read emails from that server

Is there any way to create an SMTP mail server will all granular permissions to it so that I can read emails which that server receives through any scripting language and also reply from the same server automatically? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification from another server need to receive.

I have two application server appserver1 and appserver 2. A script will run from appserver1 which main activity is 1. Connect with the apserver 2 and run a script which saved on appserver2 2. the saved script will in appserver 2 will complete its task and generate a log Problem i need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz43
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emails sent from Linux server are rejected by recipient

Hello i have this longterm issue which im unable to solve, i think this is quite simple issue, i hope you may know the cause It is on CentOS Redhat server with qmail installed. # service qmail status # service qmail start Starting Qmail: # ps aux | grep mail qmails 1688 0.0 0.0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Fails to send emails from Linux server.

I m using free zoho mail client application (similar to microsoft outlook) on my mobile for all my emails to mohtashim@techx.com I wish to only recieve emails from my Linux Server details of which are: techx 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP CentOS release 7.3.1611 (Core). I try the below... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
20 Replies
icapnotify(1M)															    icapnotify(1M)

NAME
icapnotify - Test email connectivity to HP for Instant Capacity (iCAP) systems. Request a confirmation response email from HP. Turn config- uration change notification and asset reporting on or off. SYNOPSIS
icapnotify <reply_address> icapnotify -a on|off icapnotify -n on|off Obsolescent: icod_notify <reply_address> icod_notify -a on|off icod_notify -n on|off DESCRIPTION
When a reply_address is specified, sends an asset report via email to HP, root, and the specified email address. Confirmation email is sent from HP to the specified reply email address indicating that HP received the asset report email. Note that asset reporting is optional but can be useful for viewing complexwide asset information at the HP Utility Pricing Solutions por- tal (http://www.hp.com/go/icap/portal). The deprecated command provides identical functionality to the command and is maintained for backward compatibility. For detailed information on email configuration and requirements, see the located at /usr/share/doc/icapUserGuide.pdf. Options The command recognizes these options and arguments: -a on|off Turns email asset reporting on or off. This option is used to specify if the Instant Capacity software should send asset reports to HP via email. The command displays the present setting for this option. -n on|off Turns configuration change notification on or off. If specified on, executing the command results in a configuration change notification email sent to the system contact email address summarizing any configuration change. Configuration change notification email can be turned off by specifying off. Configuration change notifications are not sent if the system contact email address is not set. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables o LANG determines the locale to use for the locale categories when both LC_ALL and the corresponding environment variable (begin- ning with LC_) do not specify a locale. If LANG is not set or is set to the empty string, a default of C is used (see lang(5)). o LC_CTYPE determines the interpretation of single- and multiple-byte characters. o LC_MESSAGES determines the language in which messages are displayed. If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, icapnotify behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to C (see environ(5)). International Code Set Support Single- and multiple-byte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
The command exits with one of these values: 0 Command succeeded. >0 Command failed; error message sent to STDERR. EXAMPLES
Test email connectivity with HP by sending an asset report to HP, root , and super_user@corp.com, and request a confirmation email from HP to be sent to super_user@corp.com: icapnotify super_user@corp.com Turn email asset reporting on: icapnotify -a on Turn email asset reporting off: icapnotify -a off Turn configuration change notification on: icapnotify -n on Turn configuration change notification off: icapnotify -n off AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
icapmodify(1M), icapstatus(1M), icapmanage(1M), icapd(1M), icap(5). icapnotify(1M)