Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using -exec with and without -name Post 302591082 by methyl on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 12:43:26 PM
Old 01-18-2012
If you are only interested in files, not directories (or other types of inode) you need to specify "-type f".

Code:
find . -type f -mtime -10 -print

To stop "ls" expanding any directories it finds, use the "-d" switch to "ls".
Code:
find . -mtime -10 -exec ls -lad {} \;

Code:
find . -type f -mtime -10 -exec ls -lad {} \;

This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec

In exec function say when i would like to remove the files exec rm{}\; Why is this "\" needed immediately after {} and what if i dont give it? TIA, Nisha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nisha
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exec

I have read that exec "replaces the current process with a new one". So I did $ exec ls and after this executed, my shell disappeared. I am assuming that my shell had PID xyz, and when I did exec ls, this ls got pid xyz, and when it terminated, there was no more shell process running, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with use of `` vs exec

Hi all, I had an issue regarding use of `` or exec in perl . `` are considered to be unsafe. Why? In my case an user would be giving some parameters as input and I will form an command of it and execute it using ``. It is important to capture output as i have to parse the output. As well as I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharadiaam
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec tclsh

As a part of learning shell scripting I was just going through some already created scripts there I found- exec tclsh "$0" $(1+"$@") Here I was able to find what exec ,tclsh does & o/p of same but I could not find usage & output of $(1+"$@"). Can anybody pls expalain me usage details of it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rediffmail
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec in tcl

Hello; I have a console application who shown a output in every iteration, now i create a small GUI to call the application with button etc..., but what must i do to follow showing the output in the screen? Advanced thanks, Pablo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pablodecastillo
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

-exec cp

Hi, on AIX 6.L I want to copy the result of grep -v to test directory then : `hostname`@oracle$ls -l | grep -v RINT -exec cp {} test grep: can't open -exec grep: can't open cp grep: can't open {} test:°`. Can you help me ? Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Find and exec

Hello, I am a linux newbe. I want to install a program. I can download it only with wget command from internet. As far as i know this wget command does not transfer the exacutable flags. Because of that i wanted to find all configure files and change their mod to 744. I found this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disconnectus
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exec

Hi, i don't understand this part of one script exec >> $Log_File 2>&1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Variables Inquiry, Values Okay in Standalone Exec, No-Show in Cron Exec

I have the following bash script lines in a file named test.sh. #!/bin/bash # # Write Date to cron.log # echo "Begin SSI Load $(date +%d%b%y_%T)" # # Get the latest rates file for processing. # d=$(ls -tr /rms/data/ssi | grep -v "processed" | tail -n 1) filename=$d export filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginowms
3 Replies
gensprep(8)							 ICU 50.1.2 Manual						       gensprep(8)

NAME
gensprep - compile StringPrep data from files filtered by filterRFC3454.pl SYNOPSIS
gensprep [ -h, -?, --help ] [ -v, --verbose ] [ -c, --copyright ] [ -s, --sourcedir source ] [ -d, --destdir destination ] DESCRIPTION
gensprep reads filtered RFC 3454 files and compiles their information into a binary form. The resulting file, <name>.icu, can then be read directly by ICU, or used by pkgdata(8) for incorporation into a larger archive or library. The files read by gensprep are described in the FILES section. OPTIONS
-h, -?, --help Print help about usage and exit. -v, --verbose Display extra informative messages during execution. -c, --copyright Include a copyright notice into the binary data. -s, --sourcedir source Set the source directory to source. The default source directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. -d, --destdir destination Set the destination directory to destination. The default destination directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. ENVIRONMENT
ICU_DATA Specifies the directory containing ICU data. Defaults to /usr/share/icu/50.1.2/. Some tools in ICU depend on the presence of the trailing slash. It is thus important to make sure that it is present if ICU_DATA is set. FILES
The following files are read by gensprep and are looked for in the source /misc for rfc3454_*.txt files and in source /unidata for Normal- izationCorrections.txt. rfc3453_A_1.txt Contains the list of unassigned codepoints in Unicode version 3.2.0.... rfc3454_B_1.txt Contains the list of code points that are commonly mapped to nothing.... rfc3454_B_2.txt Contains the list of mappings for casefolding of code points when Normalization form NFKC is specified.... rfc3454_C_X.txt Contains the list of code points that are prohibited for IDNA. NormalizationCorrections.txt Contains the list of code points whose normalization has changed since Unicode Version 3.2.0. VERSION
50.1.2 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2002 IBM, Inc. and others. SEE ALSO
pkgdata(8) ICU MANPAGE
18 March 2003 gensprep(8)