Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove duplicate rows when >10 based on single column value Post 302590825 by informaticist on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 05:11:18 PM
Old 01-17-2012
I will try to upload a sample later. Did you mean to write infile twice?
Code:
dos2unix infile infile

If so, I tried that and it ran successfully. However I received the same incorrect output when I ran the script.

I also tried
Code:
dos2unix infile outfile

which did not work.

The file was edited in excel and saved as tab delimited .txt. Could that be the problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove duplicate rows of a file based on a value of a column

Hi, I am processing a file and would like to delete duplicate records as indicated by one of its column. e.g. COL1 COL2 COL3 A 1234 1234 B 3k32 2322 C Xk32 TTT A NEW XX22 B 3k32 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete duplicate rows based on last column

hii i have a huge amt of data stored in a file.Here in this file i need to remove duplicates rows in such a way that the last column has different data & i must check for greatest among last colmn data & print the largest data along with other entries but just one of other duplicate entries is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate line detail based on column one data

My input file: AVI.out <detail>named as the RRM .</detail> AVI.out <detail>Contains 1 RRM .</detail> AR0.out <detail>named as the tellurite-resistance.</detail> AWG.out <detail>Contains 2 HTH .</detail> ADV.out <detail>named as the DENR family.</detail> ADV.out ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate row based on single column

I am a newbie to shell scripting .. I have a .csv file. It has 1000 some rows and about 7 columns... but before I insert this data to a table I have to parse it and clean it ..basing on the value of the first column..which a string of phone number type... example below.. column 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicates based on single column

Hello, I am new to shell scripting. I have a huge file with multiple columns for example: I have 5 columns below. HWUSI-EAS000_29:1:105 + chr5 76654650 AATTGGAA HHHHG HWUSI-EAS000_29:1:106 + chr5 76654650 AATTGGAA B@HYL HWUSI-EAS000_29:1:108 + ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate records in a file based on single column

Hi, I want to remove duplicate records including the first line based on column1. For example inputfile(filer.txt): ------------- 1,3000,5000 1,4000,6000 2,4000,600 2,5000,700 3,60000,4000 4,7000,7777 5,999,8888 expected output: ---------------- 3,60000,4000 4,7000,7777... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate records in a file based on single column explanation

I was reading this thread. It looks like a simpler way to say this is to only keep uniq lines based on field or column 1. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/165717-removing-duplicate-records-file-based-single-column.html Can someone explain this command please? How are there no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merging rows into new file based on rows and first column

I have 2 files, file01= 7 columns, row unknown (but few) file02= 7 columns, row unknown (but many) now I want to create an output with the first field that is shared in both of them and then subtract the results from the rest of the fields and print there e.g. file 01 James|0|50|25|10|50|30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: A-V
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows, but with strings to specific tab column

Dear fellows, I need your help. I'm trying to write a script to convert a single column into multiple rows. But it need to recognize the beginning of the string and set it to its specific Column number. Each Line (loop) begins with digit (RANGE). At this moment it's kind of working, but it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate rows based on one column

Dear members, I need to filter a file based on the 8th column (that is id), and does not mather the other columns, because I want just one id (1 line of each id) and remove the duplicates lines based on this id (8th column), and does not matter wich duplicate will be removed. example of my file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clarissab
3 Replies
PS2EPSI(1)							 Ghostscript Tools							PS2EPSI(1)

NAME
ps2epsi - generate conforming Encapsulated PostScript SYNOPSIS
ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] (Unix) ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epi ] (DOS) DESCRIPTION
ps2epsi uses gs(1) to process a PostScript(tm) file and generate as output a new file which conforms to Adobe's Encapsulated PostScript Interchange (EPSI) format. EPSI is a special form of encapsulated PostScript (EPS) which adds to the beginning of the file in the form of PostScript comments a bitmapped version of the final displayed page. Programs which understand EPSI (usually word processors or DTP pro- grams) can use this bitmap to give a preview version on screen of the PostScript. The displayed quality is often not very good (e.g., low resolution, no colours), but the final printed version uses the real PostScript, and thus has the normal PostScript quality. USAGE
On Unix systems invoke ps2epsi like this: ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] where "infile.ps" is the input file and "outfile.epsi" is the resulting EPSI file. If the output filename is omitted, it is generated from the input filename. When a standard extension (".ps", ".cps", ".eps" or ".epsf") is used, it is replaced with the output extension ".epsi". On DOS systems the command is: ps2epsi infile.ps outfile.epi where "infile.ps" is the original PostScript file, and "outfile.epi" is the name of the output file. LIMITATIONS
Not every PostScript file can be encapsulated successfully, because there are restrictions on what PostScript constructs a correct encapsu- lated file may contain. ps2epsi does a little extra work to try to help encapsulation, and it automatically calculates the bounding box required for all encapsulated PostScript files, so most of the time it does a pretty good job. There are certain to be cases, however, where the encapsulation does not work because of the content of the original PostScript file. COMPATIBILITY
The Framemaker DTP system is one application which understands EPSI files, and ps2epsi has been tested on a number of PostScript diagrams from a variety of sources, using Framemaker 3.0 on a Sun workstation. Framemaker on other platforms should be able to use these files, although I have not been able to test this. FILES
ps2epsi Unix shell script ps2epsi.bat DOS batch file ps2epsi.ps the Ghostscript program which does the work SEE ALSO
gs (1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.63. However, the content may be obsolete, or inconsistent with ps2epsi.txt. AUTHOR
George Cameron 8.63 1 August 2008 PS2EPSI(1)