Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Login delay after entering id (40 secs) same after entering pw Post 302590765 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 12:20:49 PM
Old 01-17-2012
have you restarted the sshd on your machine the "solaris" way? because this sudo /etc/init.d/ssh restart won't do it...

this one SHOULD work on solaris:
Code:
# svcadm restart network/ssh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

entering a long command

hello everyone! Very basic question for the guru's in here but anyways, I am trying to type a command that is longer than the line. What character do I use to continue my command on the next line? Thanks in advance.... Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hedrict
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Entering secret password

Hello All, I am trying to write a script when executed, asks you for the password, and confirm password; it should save to a file and also entered password should not be in clear text on the console - should be as **** Can somebody give me direction in writing this in shell? Thanks Chiru (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find entering ENTER key?.

Hello All, i have a script to get input from the user like bellow, read -p "Do you want to continue (y/n) : " status i want to identify the pressing of Enter Key with out giving any value for the above statement and i want get the status if we press Enter key during run time. How to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Entering in to recent created folder

Hi, I had problem I have a script after each run, which creates a new folder under "testrun", I used to find recent createfolder by using ls -ltr in testrun folder. Is there any script which facilitates, going directly to recent createfolder under "testrun":confused: Plz help.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad2k.java
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Entering parameter automatically

First of all thank you for your replies to my earlier difficulties. Now I am facing another difficulty. I have written following “for” loop. For var in `find . -name “2008_reports*”` Do Gpg -symmetric ${var} Done When I use this loop it asks to enter pass phrase every time. Is there any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
7 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Why can't I save a VI file after entering data?

Hi I am new to linux, when I typed "vi FILE1" I was able to open VI editor. I added some data and I want to save the file and I tried :w but it threw me an error. "file1" E212: Can't open file for writing Press ENTER or type command to continue why I am not able to save it? I read it... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnanji
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Entering into C shell remotely

Hi All, I want to enter into C shell from Ksh remotely. I have written code like, remsh $rHost -l $rUser -n "source $RM_HOME/run_time/.set_env.csh; jar -xvf $package.$extension" But it says; ksh: source : not found ksh: jar : not found Can anyone help me? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AB10
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Not getting command prompt after entering the login password

Hi All, I am not able to get the command prompt after entering the login password on solaris server Only access is through console. Server type : sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12 bsnl-north-in > ssh 10.147.17.207 jtoin Connecting to 10.147.17.207 as user jtoin Password: Last login: Wed Mar 5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_kmehra
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Entering a newline into a header in awk

I want to create a header with awk like this: gawk 'BEGIN {print "List of Events"} Desired output: List of Events Tennis Baseball But I am at a loss on how to do this. I can make a list like this: List of Events Tennis Baseball But I can't get a space to appear. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sendmail delay: 3 mins 11 secs... Every time.

Hi all, I would like some help with a sendmail problem: We have a new system comprising of 4 T7-1 servers, each hosting 5 LDOMs, all domains running Solaris 11.3 All emails sent from every one of these domains (including the control domains) sit in the queue for 3 mins 11 secs (sometime 3m 12s,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mysturji
11 Replies
SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)

NAME
ssh-ldap-helper -- sshd helper program for ldap support SYNOPSIS
ssh-ldap-helper [-devw] [-f file] [-s user] DESCRIPTION
ssh-ldap-helper is used by sshd(1) to access keys provided by an LDAP. ssh-ldap-helper is disabled by default and can only be enabled in the sshd configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config by setting AuthorizedKeysCommand to ``/usr/libexec/openssh/ssh-ldap-wrapper''. ssh-ldap-helper is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from sshd(8) via ssh-ldap-wrapper. The options are as follows: -d Set the debug mode; ssh-ldap-helper prints all logs to stderr instead of syslog. -e Implies -w; ssh-ldap-helper halts if it encounters an unknown item in the ldap.conf file. -f ssh-ldap-helper uses this file as the ldap configuration file instead of /etc/ssh/ldap.conf (default). -s ssh-ldap-helper prints out the user's keys to stdout and exits. -v Implies -d; increases verbosity. -w ssh-ldap-helper writes warnings about unknown items in the ldap.conf configuration file. SEE ALSO
sshd(8), sshd_config(5), ssh-ldap.conf(5), HISTORY
ssh-ldap-helper first appeared in OpenSSH 5.5 + PKA-LDAP . AUTHORS
Jan F. Chadima <jchadima@redhat.com> BSD
April 29, 2010 BSD