Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Performing lookup quickly
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Performing lookup quickly Post 302590667 by archimedes on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 06:04:26 AM
Old 01-17-2012
if your lookup file is delimited, then you need to mention the FieldSeparator (FS) i.e. FS="|" in the BEGIN block before the while loop begins and then reassign it to FS = " " after the while loop ends.

Code:

awk -F" " ' BEGIN {
FS="|";
 while (getline < "lookup")
{
  arr[$1]=$2;
}
FS=" ";
}

Regards,
A!
This User Gave Thanks to archimedes For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help quickly..

I want to pass arguments to a sh program and I want to use these arguments in the program as variables? Will I use argc and argv in a main function can anyone around me write the full code please for example when I write in th command sh myprogram.sh argument1 argument2 I want to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need solution for this quickly. please quickly.

Write a nawk script that will produce the following report: ***FIRST QUARTERLY REPORT*** ***CAMPAIGN 2004 CONTRIBUTIONS*** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- NAME PHONE Jan | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.palakj.shah
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing directory quickly without cd ..

Hi, I am in /home/development/project/abc directory. Now I want to remove one file which is kept in /trial/dev/<file> directory. I would like to do it in one command. I tried changing directory in one command like: pwd /home/development/project/abc cd ~/trial/dev/ bash: no command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

slow performing system

Friends Greetings. I have a RedHat 5.7 64bit virtual server on VMware ESXi 4.1. This server and other Redhat Servers are running very slow. I did some stats collection on ESXi and looks like Linux is holding the disk IO. I am not sure what is causing this behavior. On Linux I checked the CPU... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdewal
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help quickly

Hello everyone! I am new here and by new i don't mean only in this place, but in this shell scripting area. I started learning about Operation Systems only 2 months ago. I want to learn more but i found a problem which I don't really know how to solve. :confused: I have a directory with 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stripes07
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Service is restarting too quickly

Hi guys, one of my services in solaris 10 is in maintenance mode. When I checked why, the reason is that the service is "restarting too quickly." # svcs -x svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default (Sun Solstice Enterprise Master Agent) State:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

8. Programming

Performing a while for two files

Hi, This is for Perl. I have a while loop, and would like to process two files, the formats are given below : access access.<previousday>-* How can perform a while loop on both logs, while creating the logic for access.<previousday>-* to get format like "access.20130615-124139" when... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: susankoperna1
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing aggregation in File

Hi, I need help in UNIX shell script to handle the following: I have file called File1.txt which contains data something like below: LibraryName|BookName|Flag-Indicator|COUNT LIB1|BOOK1|A|12 LIB1|BOOK1|A|2 LIB2|BOOK2|I|1 LIB2|BOOK1|I|4 LIB1|BOOK2|A|12 LIB1|BOOK1|I|22... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vfrg
3 Replies
mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp(3MLIB)				    mediaLib Library Functions				       mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp - table lookup, in place SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp(mlib_image *srcdst, const void **table); DESCRIPTION
The mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp() function maps the source image to the destination image, in place, by using the user-specified lookup table. The following equation is used: srcdst[x][y][i] = table[i][srcdst[x][y][i]] PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: srcdst Pointer to first source and destination image. table Pointer to lookup table. The data type of the lookup table is the same as the destination image. The number of entries in the lookup table is determined by the type of the input image. The format of the lookup table is: table[channel][index] The MLIB_BYTE type entries are indexed from 0 to 255. The MLIB_SHORT type entries are indexed from -32768 to -1, then from 0 to 32767. The MLIB_USHORT type entries are indexed from 0 to 65535. The MLIB_INT type entries are indexed from -2147483648 to -1, and then from 0 to 2147483647. RETURN VALUES
The function returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_ImageLookUp(3MLIB), mlib_ImageLookUp2(3MLIB), mlib_ImageLookUpMask(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp(3MLIB)