Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Byte to BIT conversion
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Byte to BIT conversion Post 302590620 by Codesearcher on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 03:48:57 AM
Old 01-17-2012
Byte to BIT conversion

I have a varchar column which contains the data at ‘bit' level.the data needs to be extract / transform at bit level and this will contain a Boolean value - 0/1. How can we handle using shell scripts
At source level(DB2 Database) we have a column of length 250 char ie varchar(250) so each char will hold a byte information and from this byte we need to extract bit level information.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if 2 files are identical byte-to-byte?

In my server migration requirement, I need to compare if one file on old server is exactly the same as the corresponding file on the new server. For diff and comm, the inputs need to be sorted. But I do not want to disturb the content of the file and need to find byte-to-byte match. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a byte(Last byte from the last line)

Hi All Can anyone please suggest me how to remove the last byte from a falt file .This is from the last line's last BYTE. Please suggest me something. Thank's and regards Vinay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

byte swapping 32-bit float and weird od results

I'm attempting to read a file that is composed of complex 32-bit floating point values on Solaris 10 that came from a 64-bit Red Hat computer. When I first tried reading the file, it looked like there was a byte-swapping problem and after running the od command on the file Solaris and Red Hat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoDonkeys
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
csx_Parse_CISTPL_BYTEORDER(9F)				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 			    csx_Parse_CISTPL_BYTEORDER(9F)

NAME
csx_Parse_CISTPL_BYTEORDER - parse the Byte Order tuple SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pccard.h> int32_t csx_Parse_CISTPL_BYTEORDER(client_handle_t ch, tuple_t *tu, cistpl_byteorder_t *cbo); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI Specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
ch Client handle returned from csx_RegisterClient(9F). tu Pointer to a tuple_t structure (see tuple(9S)) returned by a call to csx_GetFirstTuple(9F) or csx_GetNextTuple(9F). cbo Pointer to a cistpl_byteorder_t structure which contains the parsed CISTPL_BYTEORDER tuple information upon return from this func- tion. DESCRIPTION
This function parses the Byte Order tuple, CISTPL_BYTEORDER, into a form usable by PC Card drivers. The CISTPL_BYTEORDER tuple shall only appear in a partition tuple set for a memory-like partition. It specifies two parameters: the order for multi-byte data, and the order in which bytes map into words for 16-bit cards. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
The structure members of cistpl_byteorder_t are: uint32_t order; /* byte order code */ uint32_t map; /* byte mapping code */ The fields are defined as follows: order This field specifies the byte order for multi-byte numeric data. TPLBYTEORD_LOW Little endian order TPLBYTEORD_VS Vendor specific map This field specifies the byte mapping for 16-bit or wider cards. TPLBYTEMAP_LOW Byte zero is least significant byte TPLBYTEMAP_HIGH Byte zero is most significant byte TPLBYTEMAP_VS Vendor specific mapping RETURN VALUES
"small and bold">CS_SUCCESS Successful operation. CS_BAD_HANDLE Client handle is invalid. CS_UNKNOWN_TUPLE Parser does not know how to parse tuple. CS_NO_CARD No PC Card in socket. CS_NO_CIS No Card Information Structure (CIS) PC Card. CS_UNSUPPORTED_FUNCTION No PCMCIA hardware installed. CONTEXT
This function may be called from user or kernel context. SEE ALSO
csx_GetFirstTuple(9F), csx_GetTupleData(9F), csx_RegisterClient(9F), csx_ValidateCIS(9F), tuple(9S) PC Card 95 Standard, PCMCIA/JEIDA SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1996 csx_Parse_CISTPL_BYTEORDER(9F)