Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Weird tail output over ssh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Weird tail output over ssh Post 302590564 by Yoda on Monday 16th of January 2012 06:16:17 PM
Old 01-16-2012
Try redirecting the output of backup.template.sh like below:-

Code:
#!/bin/sh

rm -f output.dat

for i in $(find /ulogs/dba_logs/backups -type f -mtime -3 -name "*-bck.log")
do
        echo "======> $i <=======" >> output.dat
        tail -5 $i >> output.dat
        echo ""   >> output.dat
done

And then remotely print (using ssh) the output.dat file in the main script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output from tail to a user

Hi all I've read through a few of these lists but can't find a right combination of answers (I can create VPN's but can't send an email!) Ok - I'm using taper as backup software which generates a log file called taper_log I want the last eight lines of this log file to be sent to a specified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird SSH issue

hey all, I guess I'm the newbie on these boards, anyways, hello. I recently became the admin for a few Solaris machines, and I have recently discovered an issue with SSH on one of my machines. On one of my machines, I can only SSH into the machine as root. I have tried the newest version... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKM
6 Replies

3. AIX

Weird bootlist output

just setup a new system today - 9117 570, using HMC for console but not partitioned. I installed this system twice. the first time it started off as 5300-00, then updated to ML03. before the update, I believe I mirrored the rootvg, and then altered the bootlist, at that point, the display was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: davew1099
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird echo output?

#!/bin/bash INPUT=$1 if then INPUT=0$1 TRACKNUMBER=$INPUT fi TRACKNUMBER=$INPUT echo "Track Number:" $TRACKNUMBER if then echo "File Does Not Exist!: split-track"${TRACKNUMBER}".wav" exit 0 fi CUEFILE="$2" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinCanFury
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

format of output is weird

hi all, have a ksh script which connects to a database and runs a sql and dumps it to a '.csv' file. The problem is the result is in multiple rows with long spaces in between when it should be just a single line and this screws up the format in the '.csv' file. script is : #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

weird 'ls' output

Hi, Anyone knows why I can't display the contents of my directory and how to fix this? http://i50.tinypic.com/4smfth.jpg Thanks in advance for any advise. Deanne Double post. Continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

In bash getting weird output from function ?

My script- result="" times() { echo "inside the times function" result=8 echo "Inside function $result" return $result } result=$(times) echo "the value is "$? echo "the value of result $result" when I run I get this, why the value still remain 0. $ ./func the value is 0 the value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boy18nj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traceroute script weird output

This script is giving weird output #!/bin/bash NETPATH=(`/bin/traceroute -n 4.2.2.2 | awk '{print $2}'`) for i in "${NETPATH}" do echo $i done The output: to 11.11.11.1 1.1.1.1 99.111.208.2 traceroute_test.sh traceroute_test.sh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumbs
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

[Solved] Weird 'ls -l' output

Hello folks, I've found an HP-UX server with a rare 'ls -l' output. Please see the attached file. Anybody knows how can I change the output to not have this extra tabulations? Thanks in advance! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpannav
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird output from ps command

Hi Guys, I am regular Solaris user. I came across a weird problem that puzzled me. Hope you guys can help. I found that process's state(command & arguments) in two different variants of ps command is different. Can anyone explain how is this possible? bash-3.2$ ps -eLo pid,s,comm,args |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
2 Replies
UNCRUSTIFY(1)							   User Commands						     UNCRUSTIFY(1)

NAME
uncrustify - C, C++, C#, D, Java and Pawn source code beautifier SYNOPSIS
uncrustify [OPTIONS] [FILES] DESCRIPTION
If no input files are specified, the input is read from stdin. If reading from stdin, you should specify the language using -l. If -F is used or files are specified on the command line, the output filename is PFX + "/" + filename + SFX. Unless, of course, the options --replace or --no-backup are used. When reading from stdin or doing a single file via the '-f' option, the output is dumped to stdout, unless redirected with -o FILE. Errors are always dumped to stderr OPTIONS
Basic Options: -c CFG Use the config file CFG. If not specified, uncrustify will use $UNCRUSTIFY_CONFIG or $HOME.uncrustify.cfg. -f FILE Process the single file FILE, sending output to stdout or the file specified with -o. -o FILE Redirect output to FILE. Use with -f, --update-config, --update-config-with-doc, --universalindent. -F FILE Read files to process from FILE, one filename per line. You can create this file using something like 'find . -name "*.c" > list.txt'. This cannot be combined with -f. --prefix PFX Prepend PFX to the output filename path. This cannot be combined with -f, --replace, or --no-backup. --suffix SFX Append SFX to the output filename. The default is '.uncrustify' if neither SFX or PFX are specified. This cannot be combined with -f, --replace, or --no-backup. --frag Assume the input is a code fragment and the first line is properly indented. --replace Replace source files (creates a backup). This cannot be combined with -f, --prefix, or --suffix. --no-backup Replace files, no backup. Useful if files are under source control This cannot be combined with -f, --prefix, or --suffix. --mtime Preserve mtime on replaced files. -l Language override: C, CPP, D, CS, JAVA, PAWN, VALA, OC, OC+ -t Load a file with types (usually not needed) -q Quiet mode - no output on stderr (-L will override) Config/Help Options: -h -? --help --usage Print this message and exit --version Print the version and exit --show-config Print out option documentation and exit --update-config Output a new config file. --update-config-with-doc Output a new config file with embedded usage comments. --universalindent Output a config file for Universal Indent GUI. --detect Detects the config from a source file. Use with '-f FILE'. Detection is currently fairly limited. Debug Options: -p FILE Dump debug info to a file -L SEV Set the log severity (see log_levels.h) -s Show the log severity in the logs --decode FLAG Print FLAG as text and exit EXAMPLES
Read a D file from stdin, output to stdout. cat foo.d | uncrustify -q -c my.cfg -l d Process a file, output to stdout. uncrustify -c my.cfg -d foo.d Process a source tree, output to a different tree. find src -name "*.[ch]" > files.txt uncrustify -c my.cfg -F files.txt --prefix out Process a source tree in-place. uncrustify -c my.cfg --no-backup $(find src -name "*.[ch]") NOTES
Use comments containing ' *INDENT-OFF*' and ' *INDENT-ON*' to disable processing of parts of the source file. AUTHOR
Written by Ben Gardner REPORTING BUGS
Use the issue tracker at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/uncrustify> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Ben Gardner LICENSE
GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. uncrustify 0.59 Oct 2009 UNCRUSTIFY(1)