Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shc compiler issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shc compiler issue Post 302590476 by ysvsr1 on Monday 16th of January 2012 10:59:29 AM
Old 01-16-2012
shc compiler issue

I am using the shc shell compiler, it works fine, just that when i execute it, it displays the code at the terminal. Is there any way to hide this as well? otherwise it beats the purpose of hiding the code.

Thanks !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

cc compiler issue

Quick Question, may be very easy to answer. I've just got a Sparc 5 for my home with Solaris 2.6 pre installed onto it. When I go to use the Solaris Compiler 'cc' it comes back to me with the message '/usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed'. Is this something that can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shc: shell compiler?

Has anyone ever gotten shc compiler program to work. I am trying to encrypt a bash script on centos. When I run the command "shc -f test.sh", the binary actually gets created; however, when I try to run the binary I get the following the error: # ./test.sh.x ./test.sh.x: No such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

3. Solaris

CC 5.5 compiler flag to issue 64bit porting warnings on sparc-solaris

Hi, We are porting our application from 32bit to 64bit. We tried -xarch=v9, -xarc=v9a and -xport64=full options so that compiler to issue 64bit porting warnings. But we are not getting any porting warninings WE are using CC 5.5 compiler on sparc-solaris m/c. Please tell us some powerful... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhah
0 Replies

4. Linux

GCC compiler issue on redhat4.5

Hi all, I am using gcc4.1.1 on redhat4.5 and when i rethrow an exception and I am catching it .. The application aborts and throws the following error message to stdout - the error that's been thrown is been caught but never gets that far as it falls over on throw statement Has anyone ever... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nano2
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to install shell script compiler (shc)

I have install gcc, downloaded shc-3.8.6 and extracted in /install > cd /install/shc-3.8.6 > export CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc > make cleanall > make test "Makefile" 72 lines, 1526 characters # make test /usr/local/bin/gcc -Wall -O6 -pedantic shc.c -o shc *** Compiling script "match"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

g++ compiler issue

Hi i need to install g++ compiler in RHEL 5.1 and i downloaded the compiler from the below mentioned site g++ - Free Software Directory - Free Software Foundation its in format gcc-g++-4.0.2.tar.bz2 and i have unziped it...... can any one tell me the procedure to install it ..it dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

7. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Compiler issue I think...

Use and complete the template provided. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: One problem says do the following problem using perl: A stamp dealer maintains a price list that displays the country, the Scott catalog number, year of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dalcron
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHC Compiler [ERROR] AIX

Hello there, I’m compiling a shell script under UNIX AIX 5.3 operating system. I’m facing a “glitch” when I tried to run the .x file AIX sent the error message “Killed”. # rpm -qa libgcc-4.2.0-3 libstdc++-4.2.0-3 gcc-4.2.0-3 libstdc++-devel-4.2.0-3 gcc-c++-4.2.0-3 # make *** ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: micrinho
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue when executing shc command

Hi All, I am trying to create an executable using shc. I have a script which is creating 10 executables. The executables being created have the below issue. The message "Please contact your provider" is displayed even though I am not using the “-e” option. This message is coming for some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: temp_user
5 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)