Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: quoting hell - help needed!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting quoting hell - help needed!! Post 302590469 by radoulov on Monday 16th of January 2012 10:24:14 AM
Old 01-16-2012
Do you really need a separate function for exec_cmd?
I would write it like this:

Code:
_packages=(
  Xfce
  'Development Libraries'
  'Development Tools'
  'MySQL Database'
  'Perl Development'
  'XFCE Software Development'
  ) 

for p in "${_packages[@]}"; do 
        "$YUM" -y groupinstall "$p" >> "$LOG" 2>&1
done

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

fork()ing hell!!

Hello I am having serious trouble with the fork command, i basically want to create 9 or 10 child processes and store their pid numbers in array while the children stay resident until i kill() them later , i cannot seem to control how many are made as they all seem to create their own children. ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: theultimatechuf
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rpm hell!

I've just installed redhat 6.2 on one of my systems and am trying to install the gcc c compiler after downloading an rpm from the redhat site. The damn thing gives me: only major numbers <= 3 are supported by this version of RPM what do I do, it does the same with the latest rpm of php ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: knmwt15000
7 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Off-Topic Section? Holy hell, I've been gone a while...

Wowee, step off the bandwagon for a few months and it's amazing what can change. I'm still not sure if this is, in fact, but if it is, what made Neo change his mind about an OT thread? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hell and sqlite

Hi everyone, I have a requirement that requires me to fill an sqlite database with 100,000 entries (no duplicates). I will start out by giving the command that will insert the values necessary to populate the database: # sqlite /var/local/database/dblist "insert into list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogoy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hell & mathematics

I've been able to generate output based on the code scarfake provided me (thanks again man). A little background so everyone more or less knows whats going on: I needed code that would propagate a database with 100,000 entries, for capacity testing purposes, something like a stress test. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogoy
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confussed as hell

:eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kevinfine
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

The Hell of colaboration in UNIX and Linux

I don't want to speak about the goods or bads of both kinds of Operating systems, I only want to share a little experience with you to comment it. I live in Spain and I have home some old unix systems, some of them that I want to sell or change for other things, like a pair of Sun Blade 2000... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Golfonauta
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quoting Characters

I have this data how do i add ' ' to them like '-AAL00L' , '-BBE4577' , 'ABC' -AAL00L -BBE4577 ABC (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
5 Replies
NLMCONV(1)						       GNU Development Tools							NLMCONV(1)

NAME
nlmconv - converts object code into an NLM. SYNOPSIS
nlmconv [-I bfdname|--input-target=bfdname] [-O bfdname|--output-target=bfdname] [-T headerfile|--header-file=headerfile] [-d|--debug] [-l linker|--linker=linker] [-h|--help] [-V|--version] infile outfile DESCRIPTION
nlmconv converts the relocatable i386 object file infile into the NetWare Loadable Module outfile, optionally reading headerfile for NLM header information. For instructions on writing the NLM command file language used in header files, see the linkers section, NLMLINK in particular, of the NLM Development and Tools Overview, which is part of the NLM Software Developer's Kit ("NLM SDK"), available from Nov- ell, Inc. nlmconv uses the GNU Binary File Descriptor library to read infile; nlmconv can perform a link step. In other words, you can list more than one object file for input if you list them in the definitions file (rather than simply specifying one input file on the command line). In this case, nlmconv calls the linker for you. OPTIONS
-I bfdname --input-target=bfdname Object format of the input file. nlmconv can usually determine the format of a given file (so no default is necessary). -O bfdname --output-target=bfdname Object format of the output file. nlmconv infers the output format based on the input format, e.g. for a i386 input file the output format is nlm32-i386. -T headerfile --header-file=headerfile Reads headerfile for NLM header information. For instructions on writing the NLM command file language used in header files, see see the linkers section, of the NLM Development and Tools Overview, which is part of the NLM Software Developer's Kit, available from Nov- ell, Inc. -d --debug Displays (on standard error) the linker command line used by nlmconv. -l linker --linker=linker Use linker for any linking. linker can be an absolute or a relative pathname. -h --help Prints a usage summary. -V --version Prints the version number for nlmconv. @file Read command-line options from file. The options read are inserted in place of the original @file option. If file does not exist, or cannot be read, then the option will be treated literally, and not removed. Options in file are separated by whitespace. A whitespace character may be included in an option by surrounding the entire option in either single or double quotes. Any character (including a backslash) may be included by prefixing the character to be included with a backslash. The file may itself contain additional @file options; any such options will be processed recursively. SEE ALSO
the Info entries for binutils. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Free Software Founda- tion, Inc. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License". binutils-2.17.90 2007-08-06 NLMCONV(1)