Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX-ksh script ends unexpectedly Post 302590441 by rivalgro on Monday 16th of January 2012 08:08:47 AM
Old 01-16-2012
Parent script is run with HP Operation Manager with root user and a process named opcle
Child script is collecting information in a Oracle database and then ends with an output file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to analyze log files on AIX 5.2

Hi, I have written a script that traps errors on different servers from the log files based on the current system date. The trapped errors are written to a file and file is sent as an attachment to an email. I would like to run this script for every 2hrs. when i run the script from the second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzcoolbuddy
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script unexpectedly terminating

I now that this isnt the greatest code around. Im a network guy by trade not a programer .. but needed something to compare config files ... Anyway ... intermittently, the program terminates. Ive been looking at the code for a week trying to figure it out and Im stumped. Can anyone provide... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX .ksh script freezes when using the mail -s command

Hello I am trying to send an email when a .KSH script is run on an AIX Machine. This email will only include a subject line that is made up of variables from within the script, and is as follows: CURRENT_DATE=`date +%Y%m%d` TIME=`date` ADMIN="myname@domain.com" date block () { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aix .ksh for loop script.

Hi, I'm trying to write a for loop to run through a list of servers and for each server copy a file to a backup file. But I can't seem to get it to run through my server list. It work for individual servers, please see below. #!/bin/ksh SSH_USERID=khcuser webservers="server1 server2" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elmesy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] AIX ksh script -d <- what does it mean?

I'm looking at a line in a script: && DRROOT="/dir1" || DRROOT="/dir2" I'm trying to understand it. Is there a "-d" command and is it seeing if /dir1 exists and, if so, set an environment variable named DRROOT to "/dir1", else set DRROOT to "/dir2" ? Thanks, -dog ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: landog
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of KSH after the Other ENDS

I have couple of scripts which I may have to execute one after the other. The Script1 creates trg files and second sciprt need to look for this trg file and proces further. I read in the forum that (./test1.sh && ./test2.sh) would work. Can you please let me know how do i use this where I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sukruth Kumar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies
Child::Link::Parent(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Child::Link::Parent(3pm)

NAME
Child::Link::Proc - Proc object used by Child. SEE ALSO
This class inherits from: Child::Link METHODS
$proc->pid() Returns the parent process PID. $proc->detach() Detach the from the parent. uses POSIX::setsid(). Not available in windows. HISTORY
Most of this was part of Parrallel::Runner intended for use in the Fennec project. Fennec is being broken into multiple parts, this is one such part. FENNEC PROJECT
This module is part of the Fennec project. See Fennec for more details. Fennec is a project to develop an extendable and powerful testing framework. Together the tools that make up the Fennec framework provide a potent testing environment. The tools provided by Fennec are also useful on their own. Sometimes a tool created for Fennec is useful outside the greator framework. Such tools are turned into their own projects. This is one such project. Fennec - The core framework The primary Fennec project that ties them all together. AUTHORS
Chad Granum exodist7@gmail.com COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Chad Granum Child is free software; Standard perl licence. Child is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the license for more details. perl v5.10.1 2011-03-07 Child::Link::Parent(3pm)