Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting a list to X columns of csv (& wrapping a command around it) Post 302590428 by jayan_jay on Monday 16th of January 2012 07:19:42 AM
Old 01-16-2012
Expecting this .. ??
Code:
$ paste -d',' - - - < infile | nawk '{print "./app_loadkeys -axxx -bxxx -d "$0" -exxx"}'
./app_loadkeys -axxx -bxxx -d 12345,12346,12347 -exxx
./app_loadkeys -axxx -bxxx -d 12348,12349,12350 -exxx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting rows & columns form a csv file

Hi , I want to delete some rows & columns from file. can someone please help me on this? Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: code19
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command and wrapping in the script

Hello, I've been trying to use find command to find and print out some files. When I execute the command on the command line I get the output as expected howerver when I run it in the script it doesn't wrap. For example, this is nicely wraped find /etc -perm -o=w -exec ll '{}' \;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusko
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash history and command line wrapping

By default, we use ksh (88) as our shell. I prefer bash, so I added this line to my .profile: exec bash -o viI also added this to my .bashrc?: #*********************************************** #These are important tweaks specific to BASH: #***********************************************... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting .xls into .csv and find & Replace

Hi All, Please give me the solution to the following ASAP. 1) Converting the .xls into .csv Script i tried, mv hello.xls hello.csv The above given script converting the .xls file into .csv successfully. But after i run the below unix command I am no able to open the .csv file, its giving... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: velava
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Bash: substitute columns in .csv using other .csv columns

Hi All, I have two .csv's input.csv having values as (7 columns) ABC,A19907103,ABC DEV YUNG,2.17,1000,2157,07/07/2006 XYZ,H00213850,MM TRUP HILL,38.38,580,23308,31/08/2010 output.csv having (25 columns) A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhivyas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns in csv file

Hi, I have a requirement to convert rows into columns. data looks like: c1,c2,c3,.. r1,r2,r3,.. p1,p2,p3,.. and so on.. output shud be like this: c1,r1,p1,.. c2,r2,p2,.. c3,r3,p3,.. Thanks in advance, (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya1987
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Command to Match columns from two csv files

I am joining two CSV files based on 'Server_Name' column, 1st column of first file and 2nd column of second file. If matches, output 1st and 2nd column from first file, 3rd,4th,5th,6th columns from second file. I am expecting output CSV file as below. Could you please send me help me with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anadmbt
6 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)