Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Performing lookup quickly
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Performing lookup quickly Post 302590412 by Scrutinizer on Monday 16th of January 2012 05:49:39 AM
Old 01-16-2012
Hi, see if this works:
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{A[$1]=$2;next}{sub(/_____/,A[$(NF-2)])}1' lookupfile inputfile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help quickly..

I want to pass arguments to a sh program and I want to use these arguments in the program as variables? Will I use argc and argv in a main function can anyone around me write the full code please for example when I write in th command sh myprogram.sh argument1 argument2 I want to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need solution for this quickly. please quickly.

Write a nawk script that will produce the following report: ***FIRST QUARTERLY REPORT*** ***CAMPAIGN 2004 CONTRIBUTIONS*** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- NAME PHONE Jan | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.palakj.shah
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing directory quickly without cd ..

Hi, I am in /home/development/project/abc directory. Now I want to remove one file which is kept in /trial/dev/<file> directory. I would like to do it in one command. I tried changing directory in one command like: pwd /home/development/project/abc cd ~/trial/dev/ bash: no command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

slow performing system

Friends Greetings. I have a RedHat 5.7 64bit virtual server on VMware ESXi 4.1. This server and other Redhat Servers are running very slow. I did some stats collection on ESXi and looks like Linux is holding the disk IO. I am not sure what is causing this behavior. On Linux I checked the CPU... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdewal
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help quickly

Hello everyone! I am new here and by new i don't mean only in this place, but in this shell scripting area. I started learning about Operation Systems only 2 months ago. I want to learn more but i found a problem which I don't really know how to solve. :confused: I have a directory with 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stripes07
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Service is restarting too quickly

Hi guys, one of my services in solaris 10 is in maintenance mode. When I checked why, the reason is that the service is "restarting too quickly." # svcs -x svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default svc:/application/management/snmpdx:default (Sun Solstice Enterprise Master Agent) State:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

8. Programming

Performing a while for two files

Hi, This is for Perl. I have a while loop, and would like to process two files, the formats are given below : access access.<previousday>-* How can perform a while loop on both logs, while creating the logic for access.<previousday>-* to get format like "access.20130615-124139" when... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: susankoperna1
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing aggregation in File

Hi, I need help in UNIX shell script to handle the following: I have file called File1.txt which contains data something like below: LibraryName|BookName|Flag-Indicator|COUNT LIB1|BOOK1|A|12 LIB1|BOOK1|A|2 LIB2|BOOK2|I|1 LIB2|BOOK1|I|4 LIB1|BOOK2|A|12 LIB1|BOOK1|I|22... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vfrg
3 Replies
NISPLUS_TABLE(5)						File Formats Manual						  NISPLUS_TABLE(5)

NAME
nisplus_table - Postfix NIS+ client SYNOPSIS
postmap -q "string" "nisplus:[name=%s];name.name." postmap -q - "nisplus:[name=%s];name.name." <inputfile DESCRIPTION
The Postfix mail system uses optional lookup tables. These tables are usually in dbm or db format. Alternatively, lookup tables can be specified as NIS+ databases. To find out what types of lookup tables your Postfix system supports use the "postconf -m" command. To test Postfix NIS+ lookup tables, use the "postmap -q" command as described in the SYNOPSIS above. QUERY SYNTAX
Most of the NIS+ query is specified via the NIS+ map name. The general format of a Postfix NIS+ map name is as follows: nisplus:[name=%s];name.name.name.:column Postfix NIS+ map names differ from what one normally would use with commands such as niscat: o With each NIS+ table lookup, "%s" is replaced by a version of the lookup string. There can be only one "%s" instance in a Postfix NIS+ map name. o Postfix NIS+ map names use ";" instead of ",", because the latter character is special in the Postfix main.cf file. Postfix replaces ";" characters in the map name by "," before making NIS+ queries. o The ":column" part in the NIS+ map name is not part of the actual NIS+ query. Instead, it specifies the number of the table column that provides the lookup result. When no ":column" is specified the first column (1) is used. EXAMPLE
A NIS+ aliases map might be queried as follows: alias_maps = dbm:/etc/mail/aliases, nisplus:[alias=%s];mail_aliases.org_dir.$mydomain.:1 This queries the local aliases file before the NIS+ file. SEE ALSO
postmap(1), Postfix lookup table manager README FILES
Use "postconf readme_directory" or "postconf html_directory" to locate this information. DATABASE_README, Postfix lookup table overview LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Geoff Gibbs UK-HGMP-RC Hinxton Cambridge CB10 1SB, UK Adopted and adapted by: Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA Wietse Venema Google, Inc. 111 8th Avenue New York, NY 10011, USA NISPLUS_TABLE(5)