Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reading file paths from a text file Post 302590033 by Corona688 on Friday 13th of January 2012 02:14:43 PM
Old 01-13-2012
Code:
while read FILENAME
do
        do_something_to "$FILENAME"
done < filenames.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading text file

I have a text file with 50 munbers. I wanna read these numbers and append "@yahoo.com" and send emails to them using shell scripting.......... How do i read the inetegres from the text file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text from a file

Guys, I am trying to read text from a file, into arrays. The format of the file is: @DATABASE femotest @PACKAGE_SPECS /usr/home/oracle92/sosa/scripts/test.pks /usr/home/oracle92/sosa/scripts/rep.pks @PACKAGE_BODIES ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiquidChild
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Reading Text from file

Hello, I am having a tough time reading data from an input text file. The input file has lines of data which is comma seperated. Each line represents a record/row, but unfortunately the data in the individual column/fields have spaces and `cat filename`is not returning entire line ( to read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
4 Replies

4. Programming

reading a text file in c++

hello all , im trying to read a text file and display its contents. While i got the code running and the output was displayed perfectly for sometime , i started getting Abort(core dump) error . Am i missing something here ? im using HP-UX. #include <iostream.h> #include <fstream.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishy_85
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a value from another text file

I am having a text file best = 100 genre = 75 group = 53 . . and so on I need to read those values (100,75,53,...) from my shell script. I have to do the same function for all the variables. So in my script i used for loop to do the same. for { a=best b=100 } Video tutorial on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorekumar87
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading directory paths with spaces from a file

Hi I want to know how to handle the spaces in the below scenario. I have a file (CON_zip_path_1.txt) which has some directory paths with spaces in directory names . My requirement is to unzip these zip files to another path. Please see the code below and the error. CON_zip_path_1.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
4 Replies

9. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
HOBBIT-NKEDIT.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual					      HOBBIT-NKEDIT.CGI(1)

NAME
hobbit-nkedit.cgi - Xymon Critical Systems view CGI SYNOPSIS
hobbit-nkedit.cgi DESCRIPTION
hobbit-nkedit.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the hobbit-nkedit.sh CGI wrapper. hobbit-nkedit.cgi is a web-based editor for the hobbit-nkview.cfg(5) file, which is used to configure the Xymon "Critical Systems" view. A detailed description of how to use the editor is provided in the Xymon Web documentation, available from the "Help" -> "Critical Systems" link on the Xymon website. SECURITY
Access to this CGI script should be restricted through access controls in your webserver. Editing the Critical Systems View configuration will impact the monitoring of your site. OPTIONS
--config=FILENAME Name of the Critical Systems View configuration file. The default is hobbit-nkview.cfg in the $BBHOME/etc/ directory. --env=FILENAME Loads the environment defined in FILENAME before executing the CGI script. --area=NAME Load environment variables for a specific area. NB: if used, this option must appear before any --env=FILENAME option. --debug Enables debugging output. SEE ALSO
hobbit-nkview.cgi(1), xymon(7) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBIT-NKEDIT.CGI(1)