Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting exec perl in expect script yields "invalid command" Post 302589458 by dpouliot on Wednesday 11th of January 2012 08:27:21 PM
Old 01-11-2012
I removed exec, so the line is now:

Code:
perl -i -pe 's/\015/\012/g' "/Users/Shared/menu-items.txt"

error "invalid command name \"perl\"

while executing...

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-12-2012 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell"

Hi I have installed solaris 10 on an intel machine. Logged in as root. In CDE, i open terminal session, type login alex (normal user account) and password and i get this message No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell" :confused: What i want is: open various... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about "sleep" command in expect script

I wrote some expect script to telnet to some device to execute some commands.Firstly,I can't get full result some time,then I try to add some "sleep" command in it.Fortunately it works. My idea about it is that it uses sleep command to wait the result to be displayed.Am I right or correct the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send "perl -e '...' " command through SSH, from a perl script

Hey guys I am trying to send a perl -e command to a number of systems using SSH. The command should retrieve some information for me. The problem is, the remote shell tries to interpolate my variables and doesn't get it should take the command literally and just execute it. Below the code.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clrg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl "Invalid argument error"

Hi , we have a issue in server, we are running a perl script to connect our clients, but we are not able to connect, every time we are getting the "Invalid argument error" Even i checked all the necessary perl modules are i installed in this server, #create the listen socket my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question on "exec" command

The following is my bash script ----------------------- #!/bin/bash exec myscript "$@" ----------------------- When invoked, the script "myscript" in the exec command is using the file "/usr/bin/diff" But, I want the script "myscript"to use the file "/home/bin/diff" How can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsoo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"exec" command. Stopoutput to file.

I have a script (ksh, Linux) which is about 500 lines and this is only a small requirement. Below is an example of my requirement. FunctionThis(){ echo "You are in this. Goes to log" } FunctionThat(){ echo "You are in That. Goes to log" } FunctionScreen(){ echo "You are in Screen.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edidataguy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)